• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need some help voltage regulator 68 Charger

AA1 68 R/T

Local time
5:35 AM
Reaction score
I have a 68 Charger and would like to upgrade the voltage regulator. It had a mechanical factory regulator and would like to upgrade to a factory looking regulator but not a mechanical style. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

eBay sells them , old style outside with modern guts.

I have a 68 Charger and would like to upgrade the voltage regulator. It had a mechanical factory regulator and would like to upgrade to a factory looking regulator but not a mechanical style. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
4secondsflat.com/electricalsystems
Or
BOB RENTON
541-942-5920 Call or Text
Monday -Thursday 8a-3p Pacific Time

Electronic Voltage Regulator Upgrade for Early Mopars
Convert Your Charging System From Analog Points Regulator to a Fully Digital Unit

Upgrade your old mechanical regulator with
this slick retro fit, fully electronic unit.
Direct Plug & Play with no wiring modifications.
3 Year Warranty!

VR1Open.jpg

When you change from points to electronic ignition this upgrade is a must!
Correct many of your charging and electrical issues...flickering lights, dead battery's, ECU Failures, Coils overheating all with this upgrade
in Stock ships same day Call 541-942-5920 to order
Includes shipping to Alaska, Hawaii and lower 48
Canada and Europe add $10.00 for 1st class shipping

Read more about this product

EMAIL

More Mopar Products

FBOLogoonly.jpg

I have been using the vr Mr. Renton posted for a few years with zero issues. Found an original full-wrap housing in a yard, blasted it, repainted, and had a custom stamp made for a more original appearance.
20201219_154044.jpg

I had one of the Electronic style bought from I cant Rember who when I did the resto 8 years ago. It took a dump in Albuquerque 350 miles from home. Got one from Autozone and it has been good to go for about a year. Looks like crap so I may have to get the FBO.

I did the same as Turbine…..found an original old cover, blasted, repainted, put it over the new insides. Then I had stamps made. Was less than $20 for the custom stamps.

I think I got the idea from him!

1A54907A-7E95-4D3E-87A9-0F3F7D1267A1.jpeg

8CB00376-77F7-4B97-8389-51BF61817195.jpeg

AFA986BB-37AA-4F4B-97AC-B5084FA39ED0.jpeg

FE0D9863-EA38-4838-905C-9775653F2257.jpeg

Many of the 69 and earlier alts have low output at idle. A new regulator may not help if the output is low.

Last edited:
Is that what happens to cause a bouncing needle at idle? But as soon as you apply throttle it goes solid?

I have bought them from FBO in the past, but pretty sure they don't sell them anymore. I bought some on Ebay this past year. They are all made overseas now unfortunately. This guy has been selling them for a long time on Moparts and claims they are better quality than others out there, don't know if that is true or not.

I have bought them from FBO in the past, but pretty sure they don't sell them anymore. I bought some on Ebay this past year. They are all made overseas now unfortunately. This guy has been selling them for a long time on Moparts and claims they are better quality than others out there, don't know if that is true or not.
[/URL]
For $22 + shipping.....what a deal!! Why not take a chance....not the end of the world if it craps out....
BOB RENTON

For $22 + shipping.....what a deal!! Why not take a chance....not the end of the world if it craps out....
BOB RENTON
Yeah, I bought 3 just in case....

[/URL]
I called FBO today and ordered one. When I was looking around on eBay some of the descriptions stated that the regulator would need to be turned upside down for some B bodies.

Are the FBO regulators made in the U.S.? The website says they sell American made products. Not sure if that means all of the products.

Are the FBO regulators made in the U.S.? The website says they sell American made products. Not sure if that means all of the products.
I don’t think so. Do you know of one that is made in the US?
4secondsflat.com/electricalsystems
Or
BOB RENTON
541-942-5920 Call or Text
Monday -Thursday 8a-3p Pacific Time

Electronic Voltage Regulator Upgrade for Early Mopars
Convert Your Charging System From Analog Points Regulator to a Fully Digital Unit

Upgrade your old mechanical regulator with
this slick retro fit, fully electronic unit.
Direct Plug & Play with no wiring modifications.
3 Year Warranty!

View attachment 1410400

When you change from points to electronic ignition this upgrade is a must!
Correct many of your charging and electrical issues...flickering lights, dead battery's, ECU Failures, Coils overheating all with this upgrade​
in Stock ships same day Call 541-942-5920 to order
Includes shipping to Alaska, Hawaii and lower 48
Canada and Europe add $10.00 for 1st class shipping

Ordered one today. Thank you

Auto Transport Service
Back