• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need some help voltage regulator 68 Charger

I just looked at old pics and examples of original VR’s with factory date codes and markings….used a calliper to measure font height, length, style….them just went to the stamp shop….in less than 5 mins they had it all ordered up. It was just a local mom/pop print shop.

I bought this one off eBay back in March and it has worked fine for me.
Mopar Voltage Regulator Electronic Solid State & Correct Restoration Look | eBay

My volt meter was showing about 10-11 volts so I thought I would give this a try before replacing my alternator. Fortunately, it seems to do the trick.
I bought one of those and it failed within 100 miles. Had a dedicated ground to it so that wasn't the issue. Seller wouldn’t respond to me and I mailed it back with a note asking for a replacement. Figured it was worth the 5 bucks to try. He never responded.

Last edited:
I have bought them from FBO in the past, but pretty sure they don't sell them anymore. I bought some on Ebay this past year. They are all made overseas now unfortunately. This guy has been selling them for a long time on Moparts and claims they are better quality than others out there, don't know if that is true or not.
[/URL]

yeah that’s a tough claim to make when it looks exactly as the one the other place in Texas is selling.

I don’t think so. Do you know of one that is made in the US?

Ordered one today. Thank you
I do not know of any made in the U.S., I just saw the reference to American made products on the FBO website. To be clear, it didn't say all of their products were American made.

I bought one of those and it failed within 100 miles. Had a dedicated ground to it so that wasn't the issue. Seller wouldn’t respond to me and I mailed it back with a note asking for a replacement. Figured it was worth the 5 bucks to try. He never responded.
That sucks! Online vendors can be a real pain.

The reminds me of my experience with Duratech wrenches. I bought a set of cheap, shorty wrenches from Amazon because I was not sure if I would actually use a ratcheting wrench. I used them for a couple of months when the ratcheting mechanism of the 9/16 came apart. I tried to redeem the "lifetime warranty" touted in the ad and on the box, but I never got a reply from Duratech. At any rate that was enough experience for me to learn that I do indeed like ratcheting wrenches, so I just replaced the broken wrench with one from Gearwrench and haven't looked back. The other Duratech wrenches have held up fine, but I no confidence in their warranty.

Next time I need cheap tools, I'll stick with Harbor Freight.

Auto Transport Service
Back