• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need to be schooled on FI fittings

HawkRod

Formerly hsorman
Staff member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
10:05 AM
Reaction score
OK, pardon the dumb question, but this I my first time working with non factory fuel injection.

I have 3/8" standard steel fuel lines for my roadrunner. They are made to connect low pressure hoses on the ends for a stock fuel system.

I want to add fuel injection fittings (AN?) to the ends. So if I cut a stock steel fuel line, what fittings would I need to add? (I realize that there are male and female fittings, so I am not looking for the exact specifics for my application, but merely for the FI fittings that adapt to a old 3/8 steel line.)

There may be other considerations I may need to think about. Ultimately, I am looking to adapt a new 3/8 steel line to connect with my new fuel tank with an internally mounted pump (ordered from Hot Rod City).

I appreciate the help - sorry for what may be dumb, incomplete and/or basic questions...

Hawk

Mama said.

Hawk, My Mother once told me if you don't know the answer there are no dumb questions. I also would be interested in some information on fittings and fuel line tech.:icon_scratch:

I found this site which was pretty good. Scroll down a bit for the AN descriptions:
http://radiumauto.com/media/techarticle-page.php?Automotive-Fluid-Connections-Explained-86

So it looks like I need AN6 fitting for my 3/8 fuel line. Now I need to figure out if I need male or female connectors to connect to the tank fuel output and input. It looks like the connectors on the tank are female, so I assume I need male connectors to fit into that.

Now I just need to see what I need to put a fuel filter in between and I'll be all set...

Hawk

Auto Transport Service
Back