• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fuel Line Adaptor Stainless or Brass: Any Preference?

Dibbons

Local time
6:06 AM
Reaction score
I might be swapping out the 5/16' line fuel tank pickup for a 3/8" fuel line pickup in the '72 Satellite Sebring Plus. I see online hose adaptor samples in either stainless steel or brass. I was just naturally going to purchase brass, but now with a choice I'm not sure the best way to go? Thank you.

Screen Shot 2023-12-22 at 4.47.40 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-12-22 at 4.47.53 PM.png

Well, the best solution would not to have an adapter at all, and have it 3/8 all the way to the pump inlet. Short answer, it shouldn't really matter, neither will corrode or oxidize much.

Brass. If for no other reason if you ever need to take it apart SS may be galled and it won't come apart.

Brass. If for no other reason if you ever need to take it apart SS may be galled and it won't come apart.
Yeah, Stainless and rubber always gall when combined.... (Sarcasm) Either option is fine...

Well I'm an idiot. I thought I saw one end with NPT threads.. Getting old!
Yeah, not a fan of stainless pipe thread... Or aluminum pipe thread for that matter... BTW , no idiots in this thread, maybe someone who needed more coffee....

Auto Transport Service
Back