• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NEED TO REPLACE MY TORQUE CONVERTER..WHICH ONE TO GET?

soundhd

Local time
9:57 AM
Reaction score
Have a 70 Roadrunner, 383, standard torqueflite trans....need to replace the torque converter....just a "cruiser" no racing. Do not drive the car very hard. Know very little about them, going to have to have it done at a shop. What is the type that I need to buy/order (brand, stall speed, size, etc...?) I see photos doing a search....some seem to have a gear plate on them and some do not....confused.....
Any advice would be appreciated.
thanks

If it's going to a reputable shop, have them source a stock converter.

Take it to HAAS Transmission in Dexter, Mi
They will take care of you, great work! 440'

Have a 70 Roadrunner, 383, standard torqueflite trans....need to replace the torque converter....just a "cruiser" no racing. Do not drive the car very hard. Know very little about them, going to have to have it done at a shop. What is the type that I need to buy/order (brand, stall speed, size, etc...?) I see photos doing a search....some seem to have a gear plate on them and some do not....confused.....
Any advice would be appreciated.
thanks
If it's going to a shop... you will want a mechanic with grey hair.
The 383 needs a convertor for a internal balance engine if it's all original.
You can not depend on the parts store kids to know.

Auto Transport Service
Back