• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Never Mind The Electric Cars.... Electric Buses??? Naaa...... Now It's Electric Scooters That Are Exploding....

These hover boards and electric skate boards were burning houses down when they first came out.
Kids-Hoverboards-GoTrax-Nova-Pro-768x576.jpg

2022, 216 fires and 6 deaths from e-bikes. How many deaths did it take for them to outlaw Honda three wheelers?

Last edited:
The number of deaths was what surprised me about this. I mean how long does it take someone to bail from a smoking scooter? Are these batteries going off like hand grenades?

The number of deaths was what surprised me about this. I mean how long does it take someone to bail from a smoking scooter? Are these batteries going off like hand grenades?
If you have it plugged in at home, and you're asleep as the fire burns and die from smoke inhalation, chemical poisoning, or burn to death in your sleep....

If you have it plugged in at home, and you're asleep as the fire burns and die from smoke inhalation, chemical poisoning, or burn to death in your sleep....
Is that what’s happening? I haven’t read the whole article.

I have an e-bike that I use as a pit bike at the drag strip. It is perfect for that use. It is far lighter than a gas powered scooter so it is easy to load into and out of the trailer (even if the car is already in, or just put in the bed of the truck), a single charge on the battery will last about 3 days of running around, and it's sturdy enough for me to ride with my wife riding "bitch" on the back. It is virtually maintenance free (other than charging the battery).

When we bought the e-bike we were in a shop with the intention of buying a gas scooter. What turned us off to the scooter was that we could not figure out how we were going to get it into and out of my truck just for the ride home. The same shop had the e-bikes, just the weight alone sold us on the e-bike.

So far, we have not burned down the neighborhood with it, but we only charge the battery when we are around, and not overnight.

Auto Transport Service
Back