• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Never thought I would see the day that someone would think a Hemi Cuda hard top would be worth this kind of money. Not even the 1st one.

Not surprising, I've seen mid 70's pickups going for $150k and up. The buyers at these auctions have went nuts.

My ‘Cuda is a factory N96. It may not have been the first “SHAKER”… but it’s the best looking. And it even says “SHAKER” under the hood, when you lift it up! :D
I’m not going to argue that, it is definitely the prettiest shaker by far. My brother had a 1969 Mach 1 R-Code (shakker) drag pack car in gulf stream aqua. He fell into some financial difficulties about seven years ago and offered to sell me the car, but I just couldn’t give the kind of price that the car demanded at the time. He sold the car back then for $80k and the shaker hood cuda cars were still bringing Im guessing more than double that. I do not know what my brothers car would be worth in today’s market if he still had it But I was always amazed how much more money the shaker hood cuda was bringing more than his car And if you have never seen a gulf stream aqua Mach 1 they are absolutely beautiful.

I guess I'm the only one here that thinks , if I can't drive it, I don't want it. I don't need a penis extension in my garage that goes for over 2 million dollars and as far as I'm concern is screwing up the hobby. That car does nothing for me that I would pay that much for it. Now, I have a 65 dodge Coronet in my garage, one of one in my garage, that I will take 850,000 for. Did I tell you that you can drive it, hell, I'll drive it for you!!!!!!!

I just want to know who has a Hemi 'cuda 4 speed...and only logs 17k miles on it???
I remember reading about a white Hemicuda 4 speed car that was given to Ronnie Sox who used it for parts for his racecar Cuda. I think this might be that car,and that is why the milage is so low.

I guess I'm the only one here that thinks , if I can't drive it, I don't want it. I don't need a penis extension in my garage that goes for over 2 million dollars and as far as I'm concern is screwing up the hobby. That car does nothing for me that I would pay that much for it. Now, I have a 65 dodge Coronet in my garage, one of one in my garage, that I will take 850,000 for. Did I tell you that you can drive it, hell, I'll drive it for you!!!!!!!
you’re not alone. I hate trailer queens, I hate garage queens, I hate the people that trailer their car to the car show, and spend the whole time with their feather duster making sure it’s absolutely perfect, and the ones that talk **** about some of the rattier cars, can eat a bag of dog crap!

These cars are meant to be driven, they’re meant to be enjoyed.

I could never understand why a car that was right down copied from a Camaro, looks like a Camaro, have to take a second look to make sure it’s a not a Camaro fetches the coin that they do.
They copy each other. I remember when dad bought mom a new 56 Plymouth Belvedere Sports Coupe and wow, the 57 Chevy came out looking almost exactly like it! And I never had to take a second look at my Cuda to know it wasn't a Camaro. In fact, imo, it didn't even come close to looking like a BM product.

Low mileage cars are still out there. In my family alone (2 of my brothers not mine) cars range from 1970 to 87. They have as little as 1,000 to 25,000.
Some of them have not been driven in over 40 years.They like to own them,not drive them.:realcrazy:

IMG_2721.jpg

NOT ME !!!

The Pontiac GTO even copied its name and C-Pillars from the Ferrari 250 GTO
You need new glasses bud. Other than the 3 letter name, these cars have zero in common on styling, but please do enlighten me with side by side pics showing the similarities.

You need new glasses bud. Other than the 3 letter name, these cars have zero in common on styling, but please do enlighten me with side by side pics showing the similarities.
You’re obviously not a car enthusiast and know absolutely nothing about the history. Do some studying and look it up.

The seller of my current GTX put 1000 miles on it in 28 years. He was shocked when I showed up without a trailer when I closed the deal. Told him I never would have paid what I did for it if I wasn't going to drive it. He made a big deal of the car's one of one status for years. After decades in the trucking business, I'm used to cutting prices. I'll let it go for 250,000. And I'll drive it to the point of sale.

Last edited:
And buying doing so, they’re pricing people out of the hobby
The one that really blew me away at the Kissimmee auction was the 1969 383 Road Runner that sold for over 150k with buyer's premium. I was watching it over the last few months when it was on the market for 80K, because it was in comparable condition to my '69 GTX. The car was nice, but seeing it go for that kind of money made me ill.

You’re obviously not a car enthusiast and know absolutely nothing about the history. Do some studying and look it up.
I can’t remember if it was Mitchell or Dilorean or however you spell his name (the designers of the Pontiac GTO) but in a few articles I read that they got their idea of the sail panels for the 66 GTO from the Ferrari. Of course it’s not a right down copy of it but it’s basically the same design with the back glass being more flush with the roof and with no roof over hang if that makes sense.

3D4BCC03-C279-4C85-8BE2-1C71CC8367AA.png

Last edited:
Not a car enthusiast? Whatever, just keep on with your dumb petty insults.

Look at the 1967 model year across all US automakers. As an example - Stacked headlights. Ford, Mercury, Plymouth C-body, Dodge C-body, Buick, AMC all had them. Then they vanished around the same time.

Enter the Nineties. The Ford Taurus came out in the 1988 MY. Guess what looked like a Taurus after that - damned near everything!

Look at a 1993 Pontiac Bonneville and a 1993 Dodge Intrepid. Almost styling twins!

Stylists change jobs just like other people do. Their influence at "A" automaker often directly translates into their work at "B" automaker. Look at the 1961 Lincoln Continental, and fast-forward to the 1964 Imperial. Same guy (Engle), very similar output.

153908-1961-lincoln-continental-convertible-74d.jpg

16775446-1964-chrysler-imperial-std.jpg

Last edited:
Automakers are about sales, if one car is selling, they’ll borrow styling cues, didn’t think it was that hard to understand that.

Chrysler was trying fast backs with the barracuda, and weren’t selling as good as the turdmaro. So guess what they did, they took the styling cues…..however turdmaro changed :lol:

I saw a Pontiac design studio drawing that looked exactly like the 70 Dodge Coronet, the only difference was the car had a Pontiac beak in between the bumpers with the Pontiac arrow on it. Somehow whoever made that drawing ended up working for Chrysler, it was identical in almost every way.

Auto Transport Service
Back