• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Never thought I would see the day that someone would think a Hemi Cuda hard top would be worth this kind of money. Not even the 1st one.

Not much surprises me right now. Having the first one made will be a feather in the cap to the deep-pockets collector.

Atleast he's negotiable! LOL I remember seeing a 71 Sassy Grass green Hemi Cuda 4 speed hardtop white interior break the million dollar mark 10 years ago! I thought that was crazy then. At the same auction, a triple black 71 Hemi Challenger R/T 4 speed hardtop brought less than half of what the Cuda brought at $450,000. Prices now a days are off the charts and people are really buying them at these over the top inflated prices! Was this the same car that Ronnie Sox ended up with and he used it for a parts car for his racecar?

Was this some sort of pilot car? If not, then what happened to the standard `Cuda goodies such as hood pins, and fog lamps?

I could never understand why a car that was right down copied from a Camaro, looks like a Camaro, have to take a second look to make sure it’s a not a Camaro fetches the coin that they do.

I could never understand why a car that was right down copied from a Camaro, looks like a Camaro, have to take a second look to make sure it’s a not a Camaro fetches the coin that they do.
It’s a better looking Camaro. :D

It’s a better looking Camaro. :D
What he said! Ma Mopar did borrow some styling cues from other cars such as the recessed window and swept back C pillar for the Charger plus the first gen Charger looking a lot like a Marlin.

What he said! Ma Mopar did borrow some styling cues from other cars such as the recessed window and swept back C pillar for the Charger plus the first gen Charger looking a lot like a Marlin.
All cars take some styling cues from another. The Pontiac GTO even copied its name and C-Pillars from the Ferrari 250 GTO but the 70 Cuda, well I said enough. No I didn’t lol. Even copied the Ford Shaker hood lol lol

70 Cuda is a copy of a 68 Camaro. 70.5 Camaro is a copy of the 67 Barracuda fastback. They just switched bodies is all.

I like the add for financing that says, purchase this vehicle for only 21,340 a month!

Lol. I saw that monthly payment. That's just stupid money. It's sad our hobby is headed this direction. Been like this since the 90s

All cars take some styling cues from another. The Pontiac GTO even copied its name and C-Pillars from the Ferrari 250 GTO but the 70 Cuda, well I said enough. No I didn’t lol. Even copied the Ford Shaker hood lol lol
My ‘Cuda is a factory N96. It may not have been the first “SHAKER”… but it’s the best looking. And it even says “SHAKER” under the hood, when you lift it up! :D

Check out this Hemmings add https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/listing/1970-plymouth-hemi-cuda-auburn-in-2657482

Asking and getting is a very big difference.
PPPFFFFFTTTTT LOL
He better hope some billionaire grey haired guy wants it bad enough.
The younger generations can go buy a brand new vette that will blow the doors off basically anything from the era with an msrp of about 65k. Personally I wouldn't buy one but I am not 30 years old.
That means you need to find a like minded individual that a vintage auto is their dream car, or you have to sell it at a price that entices people away from new stuff.
OR
You have to have a really collectible car. Maybe this number one cuda is one of those. I doubt it though. But there are people with more money then they can spend in their remaining lifetime soooo......

I recall when the asian guy bought a 57 chevy in the 90's for half a million dollars and suddenly EVERY 57 chevy was worth at least 100k. You can buy one now for under 20k. Might not be mint but it will be nice. The crowd that cared about them is thinning. They are back to neat old car status.
People were paying 100k up to 150k for a Chevelle up till recently. They made 315,000 of those just in 1970. This is not a collectible car. It is a nostalgia driven price and when the nostalgia crowd is gone the youngsters aren't going to really care about a 1 of 55,000 remaining examples. Last time I went to Iola there was 39 Chevelle.

The current market of muscle cars is a mix of people buying sort of affordable priced cars because they always wanted one and someone else is actually realistic, and the "collectors" that keep trading their "investments" back and forth like stocks. Just like stocks, it only keeps it's value if you can keep selling it, otherwise it crashes! I wonder if the guy i used to work with that paid $400 for a drivers door trim piece at a swap 24 years ago for his "I am building a 57 out of mostly parts as i find them, then i will retire!" regrets his collection of parts now? Just like stocks, whoever is at the end holding the bag gets to eat the crash.

"repainted once" and "unrestored" ... interesting adjectives in the same description.

I'd be interested but...no factory tachometer sort of kills the vibe for me.

Just drill some holes in the Shaker hood and slap on a muscle hustle hood tach and say that it was done as a day two mod by the dealer,and raise the price another 20k!

Just drill some holes in the Shaker hood and slap on a muscle hustle hood tach and say that it was done as a day two mod by the dealer,and raise the price another 20k!

1538128280-giphy-1.gif

Auto Transport Service
Back