• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New 1969 Charger Hotwheel

IMG_5920.jpeg
IMG_5921.jpeg
IMG_5922.jpeg
IMG_5923.jpeg
IMG_5924.jpeg

The proportions are pretty messed up. Besides the paint it looks like one of those off-brand Dollar Tree die-cast cars.

Johnny Lightning and Green Light do much better renditions of production cars than Hot Wheels.

They sell out immediately then a couple weeks later Ebay and every flea market in North America is flooded with them at $50+ Ten years from now you lucky if someone'll give you $10 for it.

It's been that way since the mid 90's - ask me how I know !

I have a red one that I don’t want to open either. Lol
That's just a "mainline", nothing special and you only paid $1.50 for it (unless you're a fool) rip it open. In another month they'll be warming the pegs!

I wouldn't open them either. There's just something about them still being in original packaging IMO.

I guess I'm the opposite. When you sent me the 70 RR, I looked them up online and saw them from $2.75 - $35. While I was opening the outer package, I asked my wife if it would be a mistake to unbox it. She said probably, then watched me tear it open in 2 seconds. I would enjoy having it in the package, but I don't enjoy looking at it in the package. The package would be in a drawer. The Hot Wheels is on my desk. Plus, I can do noisy burnouts. When no one is around...

Investment wise, I can't see preserving something of that value unless you are a collector and have many. If you just have a few, play with them. I'm not saving mine for the next kid!

...I guess I'm the opposite...While I was opening the outer package, I asked my wife if it would be a mistake to unbox it. She said probably, then watched me tear it open in 2 seconds....
Omgsh, no offense or harm intended @SlingLow. To each is own here IMO.
If I took mine out of the box I'd have no way to hang them on the wall nails in my shop lol!
Probably won't be long before our granddaughter surprises me with "Look what I found Pop-Pop! I even opened them for you so you and I can play with them! "

We'll see how long after that I care about them being "in their original packaging" :lol:

Sometimes I buy two of the same; one to keep in the box and the other to play with when no-one is looking.

Auto Transport Service
Back