• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New 71 Plymouth Roadrunner owner

whayden2003

Local time
11:28 AM
Reaction score
Going to inspect this tomorrow. If no funny business it’s mine. Have some 1971 questions. I see some road runner’s with the running bird and “road runner” emblem above the rear wheel. Is this correct for all 71 roadrunners with a vinyl roof?

If it does not have a strobe stripe then it gets the emblems. The 71 stripe has Road Runner in it as where the 72 stripe does not.

Thanks. Car was repainted and it currently doesn’t have the running bird or the emblem. Guess I can start making a list.
If it does not have a strobe stripe then it gets the emblems. The 71 stripe has Road Runner in it as where the 72 stripe does not.

Hope it works out!

My 71 has canopy top, emblems and bird.

D818E6CF-F2F9-430A-A6F0-17EB8C07EEC0.jpeg

post a picture of the fender tag and we know how it looked alike when new

Carsten

I see that’s an LA built car. Does anyone know the last year for that plant? Was it 1971?

it had a full v-roof so it should have the emblem.

The dealer in TX bought it in AZ for 32k

Carsten

You know the car?

tried to find the old thread on moparts but was not sucessfull.

Good luck on the inspection:

Looking at the pics:
-missing wheel lip moldings
-check passenger side quarter, from inside the trunk you can see someone worked on it. Maybe it was just a dent
-spoilers and exhaust tips are added. It has still the standart rearvalance
-front valance is twisted

Carsten

tried to find the old thread on moparts but was not sucessfull.

Good luck on the inspection:

Looking at the pics:
-missing wheel lip moldings
-check passenger side quarter, from inside the trunk you can see someone worked on it. Maybe it was just a dent
-spoilers and exhaust tips are added. It has still the standart rearvalance
-front valance is twisted

Carsten
I found the old thread. The Craigslist ad is expired.

Auto Transport Service
Back