• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New 73 rallye 440 owner here : D

I'd have fun with it since its not the numbers matching motor ,and no one really cares what we do with the 3rd gen charger s most people hate them. Make it how you want it it's your car I got my 72 rallye and I'm really ignoring the build sheet on this one . Good luck looks sweet
Why is there no love for 3rd Gen ?
Yeah the emissions started to screw them but they are still a bad *** looking car ..
Anyway ..it's a toy and a learning tool to maybe Cuda ,gtx,super bee, Daytona .everybody got to start somewhere. .lol..
Thank ..

I don't know why there unwanted I like them I started with one and over the years thought I wanted a 68-70 had a few of those and got rid of them so I could get another 3rd gen charger I have two right now I think there bad ***. Did you run the numbers to confirm its a rallye? It's not supposed to have window opening trim around the side windows. The hood is easy to add the trim is hard to get rid of got alot of holes to weld up

143235-e65d2ea9713c139f4391234ae8bf9f36.jpg
230457-a6d13547e81d35d0b7542f33953063d1.jpg

These are both 73 rallye chargers notice there's no trim plates under the 1/4 and door window

Yeah I see that ..huh..
I know that the vin matches tag under the hood.. and the tag comes back as rallye ..
Is there numbers anywhere else on the car ? ?
It has the full rallye interior ..

20160524_134241.jpg
got her on my bed ready to go home :D

Would love to see some pictures of your project. Bezels are not reproduced and very hard to find. I suggest you keep looking while you reassemble and some will turn up. If you manage to get NOS, you will pay a lot for them and good second hand are hard to get. Maybe try Tonys Parts, he is a vendor on here.
There ya go ..

Pat , Welcome. I grew up south of the Burgh. You will find lots of help here. Looks like a great car to start with. I too along with a few others feel it's your car,,do what you want to make it yours. I will tell you this,the 73/74 "B's" sure get more love than the 75-up "B's''. Look what I'm drivin'..............

As for another bin number the rad support should have it but with all the info you gave me I can't discredit it being a real rallye so ether someone added those trim panels or it slipped out the plant like that yours is the first rallye charger I've ever seen with them ,there's been others that after some digging they were re body's or rallye clones . Maybe the car got doors from a reg car years ago and it was just easier to drill some holes for the rear then it was to weld up the door holes .overall cool car bud if I wasn't trying to get out of the restoration gig I would try to buy it off of you that is a solid car

I just noticed something that dash assy is the wrong year also it's a 72 or 71
As per the fasten seat belt light and the bezel next to the head light and wiper switches there should be a picture of a light and a washer spraying (they would light up ,this brings concerns again about the car ,email me a picture of the bin tag how's it attached? Again could just be what they had laying around to get the car together but who knows let's find out that way you know what you got .

I was told the car was built august of 72 , would that explain a 72 dash ?

20160524_202334.jpg
two small rusted sheet metal screws

The tag matches the vin , comes back as a 73 ,
20160523_133337.jpg

What's wrong with the "fasten belt" light?

My 72 and 73 look the same.

I can't rad the tag to see if it's coded for belt molding.

I don't remember ever seeing a rallye with that either.

Wait...M31?

Yep M31 is belt moldings.

Interesting.

So ..I'm supposed to have this one ?
The story from the guy I bought it from was, he was out with his wife ,stopped at a yard sale , saw some cars in a barn , asked the guy if any where for sale ,
Answer : everything is for sale ,
So he came back with a trailer and some friends. .there where at least 6 mopars or more , the old man walked around filling boxes of stuff saying "this is for that car , and this go's with that car , and here, your going to get the 69 440 , it's better "

The guy I bought it from took it home ,started body work , 5 years later I buy the car ..the way you see it ..and it was basically the way he got it .. ohio..
images-5.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back