• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

new aluminum radiator

krowbar

Local time
8:34 PM
Reaction score
My 67 coronet has a 26" core rad from a 68 c body. Instead of a recore job, I bought a 26" core 3 row aluminum. It's a champion brand... Anybody use one of these? Any complaints?

Haven't used one myself but haven't heard anything bad from the guys who use them. Get yours off eBay?

Haven't used one myself but haven't heard anything bad from the guys who use them. Get yours off eBay?

I did. Comes with a 16" electric fan. I'll put the elect. fan on the front if I need to. Gonna keep the straight flex fan on and see how it cools first.

IM001829.JPG
My 67 coronet has a 26" core rad from a 68 c body. Instead of a recore job, I bought a 26" core 3 row aluminum. It's a champion brand... Anybody use one of these? Any complaints?

I'VE HAD SEVERAL CHAMPION RADS OVER THE YEARS AND THEY ARE THE BEST BANG FOR THE BUCK AND NO WARRANTY IS BETTER..Sorry...cap was locked and too lazy to go lower case

you cant beat the fit and finish for the cost on those champions.used them several times for race and street never any complaints.one for my 67 coronet fit amazing.2012-06-06_15-05-22_258.jpgi6206.jpg

Well she's in there now. Had to wallow out a couple holes in the shroud and bend some tabs on the radiator for the shroud to fit. The mounting holes in the brackets were different but I don't care. I'm not building a show car. I just used self tapping sheet metal screws. Now I have to get some Trans cooler hose to plumb into the new hose barbs in the radiator. I definitely DO NOT like the fact that they use aluminum bungs with steel nuts for the Trans cooler. I stripped the threads on one of em. Hope it doesn't leak Trans fluid. If it does I'll jb weld that nut on there.

Mine fit perfect,works great,but leaked a lil. Bars Leaks fixed it though.

Well she's in there now. Had to wallow out a couple holes in the shroud and bend some tabs on the radiator for the shroud to fit. The mounting holes in the brackets were different but I don't care. I'm not building a show car. I just used self tapping sheet metal screws. Now I have to get some Trans cooler hose to plumb into the new hose barbs in the radiator. I definitely DO NOT like the fact that they use aluminum bungs with steel nuts for the Trans cooler. I stripped the threads on one of em. Hope it doesn't leak Trans fluid. If it does I'll jb weld that nut on there.
So far so good. No leaks.

Times change and things improve. Ma's in the ground.

Got a 26" 3 Core champion with a Jaguar clutch and 19" Fan, as well as a factory 26" shroud. Cools a big Ol' 512 with no issues. No leaks.

Nest time, ask before the purchase. Copper works fine, Ma knew.

With that amount of flow,they could a nuclear reactor meltdown, lol!

Auto Transport Service
Back