• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New and old in Wisconsin

Bill Traeger

Local time
5:41 PM
Reaction score
Hello B bodies. my name is Bill. I own a 1969 Road Runner. In 1969, I was 20. I bought a Road Runner with the help of my father. It was a 383 with 4 on the floor, no air, no power, just fun. Drag racing most every weekend. Occasionally, I won.

This past March, I turned 72. My loving and caring wife, with the help of an extraordinary gear head neighbor, plotted to find a RR as a birthday present. And they did. The car was found in Ohio. I can’t verify mileage but the previous couple of owners did extensive work and it looks beautiful to me. The color is vitamin C. It’s a 383 with 4 on the floor. I have started making minor changes like updating the headlights, wheels and tires, and plan to swap out carpet. Happy to be here.

65505947-D1D4-458F-A6F9-6FD74FE41108.jpeg CCF40141-939E-44A5-A7A6-35A1F2973C4A.jpeg 71E1D750-96BC-499A-9562-B142625E8436.jpeg A8CAE502-BAAE-4D67-8AC7-06F470718239.jpeg

That's great! I was in service in 1969 and such a car might as well have been a million dollars. I had to be content with my 66 Valiant.

You're very fortunate your Dad helped you out back then. You're even more fortunate your wife and neighbor found you such a great gift but I'm telling you things you already know.

Welcome. You'll enjoy all the info (and motivation) available to you through this forum. Enjoy the car, and the ride!

Welcome from North Florida !!!
I obviously need to get your wife together with my wife so she can get some much needed car purchasing advice.
Sweet Car :thumbsup:

Welcome from NM. Nice looking car. Congratulations on such a find. Enjoy. This forum is full of info and motivation.

Welcome to FBBO from Ontario. Nice 'Runner. Even nicer wife!

Welcome to the best Mopar site around from a fellow Wisconsinite. Great looking car and what an awesome wife :drinks:.

Welcome aboard from NJ. Wow, (orange) you glad to have another one ?
:lol:
If I ever got a REAL RR for a Birthday present, I would have died from shock! :D

Last edited:
Great present too...
Happy Birthday Roadrunner.jpg

welcome to FBBO from NorCal Sierras

Welcome from PA! Awesome RR and as others have said, you're lucky to have such a great wife and good neighbor! ruffcut

Welcome aboard Sir, from the middle of the mitten. My first car was a 1969 RR that I bought in 1978 near Little Bohemia at a service station on M-51 (I think it was Little Star Garage). Paid $500 for it back then. Wish I had that car back. Lived in Ironwood at that time and a little later (1980) we used to cross the river all the time into Wisconsin, as the drinking age was still 18 there. Great car and better memories. Enjoy your ride Sir.

Welcome from Alabama, you have a great knowledgeable wife and or neighbor to be able to pick out such a well restored RR. Congratulations and join the fun.

Welcome fellow WI – nite; I’m only a couple years shy of you in the vintage department. I joined the forum in 2016 (how time flies) and wish I would have joined sooner. The folks on this forum are fantastic, super knowledgeable being of great help – advice, tips, tricks, locating parts, etc. Great story about your sweet RR!

Welcome aboard. Great story and nice ride. As noted by the replies, there many Wisconsinites on this site. What part of WI are you in?

D

Auto Transport Service
Back