• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Blast cabinet

T2R9

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
4:45 AM
Reaction score
Last week was the lift, this week my blast cabinet showed up. I shopped around quiet a bit and this was the best bang for my 1k budget. Foot operated overhead nozzle and a hand gun. Dust collector, and a built in regulator. Grizzly G0707. Now to load it up with 50 pounds of glass bead and give it a whirl!

IMG_0881.JPG
IMG_0882.JPG
IMG_0883.JPG

Congratulations!

While it's still clean and empty, I'd recommend a bead of good RTV silicone on every seam unless you like a dusty shop.

You'll also want to bookmark a place called TPTools.com right now. They have great quality consumables (gloves, carbide tips that will outlast the cheap pink ceramic one yours probably came with, plastic sheets to protect the window, etc.), good prices and decent customer service. I expect you'll soon want one of their blast gun upgrade kits too.

Yayyyy new tools!! Yesterday while getting the shop heater ready for the season, I found my favorite pliers up on top of the upper wall beam, missing for at least two years now. It made my day!

I'd suggest aluminum oxide instead of glass beads. Glass beads shatter every time they hit the object you're blasting so in a very short time your blast media is useless. Aluminum oxide on the other hand is second only to diamonds in hardness. use a fine grit and it'll give the same finish as glass beads and it will last a lifetime. The only reason I change it is it get contaminated with whatever you've blasted (steel, paint, rust, etc.). You've spent the money on a good piece of equipment, now load it up with equally good media.

I'd suggest aluminum oxide instead of glass beads. Glass beads shatter every time they hit the object you're blasting so in a very short time your blast media is useless. Aluminum oxide on the other hand is second only to diamonds in hardness. use a fine grit and it'll give the same finish as glass beads and it will last a lifetime. The only reason I change it is it get contaminated with whatever you've blasted (steel, paint, rust, etc.). You've spent the money on a good piece of equipment, now load it up with equally good media.

Good advice. I will try some when this glass is spent.

A buddy of mine has 2 cabinets in his shop, one with aluminum oxide for the rough/dirty work and the other with glass beads for the "clean" work. He does change both fairly often I think.

Congratulations!

While it's still clean and empty, I'd recommend a bead of good RTV silicone on every seam unless you like a dusty shop.

You'll also want to bookmark a place called TPTools.com right now. They have great quality consumables (gloves, carbide tips that will outlast the cheap pink ceramic one yours probably came with, plastic sheets to protect the window, etc.), good prices and decent customer service. I expect you'll soon want one of their blast gun upgrade kits too.

Yayyyy new tools!! Yesterday while getting the shop heater ready for the season, I found my favorite pliers up on top of the upper wall beam, missing for at least two years now. It made my day!
X2 on the carbide tips. I was so used to replacing ceramic tips that I bought 5 of the carbide tips and haven’t had to replace the first one yet.

Auto Transport Service
Back