• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Canuck Member

Spit, Light Sand & Polish & Then Home To Reassemble !!

Going fast now, :grin: Time to Final Reassemble. :yes:

IMG_3680.JPG

IMG_3741.JPG

IMG_3743.JPG

IMG_3756.JPG

IMG_3759_1.JPG

Last edited:
Working Out The Bugs!!!

It`s getting so close now that i can feel the wind in my hair> I can`t believe i`m this close. Put the door handles on today. I`ve had these in the factory box for 19 years, bought them as a set in 91 when i went to Carlisle PA.

000 004.jpg

Quick change artist !!!!

I`m a little torn! I was thinking of the factory look side stripes 3/8 & 1/4 into the scoops, in matt black.( flat black hood and wing ??? maybe too much black on the back with the tail stripe??? ) Also i would then be obligated to the tail stripe on my other deck lid with no wing.
Eventually i`m going to have three different hoods ( this airgrabber, a factory C7 flat hood w/ 440 callouts in black & a 69 1/2 glass scoop flat black like the RR ) ,two different deck lids ( this one and a plain C7 ) and i already have 4 different sets of wheels, to change the apperance of the car to drive or to show it as it was factory. ( these 15x7 rallys w/ Goodyear Eagle GT+4`s, 15x7 C7 steelies w/ss dog dishes w/ original Goodyear Polyglas G6015`s, magnum 500 w/center spinners & original Goodyear Polyglas G7014`s and 14x5.5 rallys with redlines.)

more resto 003.jpg

more resto 005.jpg

more 008.jpg

more 001.jpg

even more + 001.jpg

What a rush!!!!

Well this is it! 28 Days to the Prom. I went Plum Crazy today!!! :grin:
It was warm and sunny and i saw ALOT of rubber necks out when i took the car to town for the first time. Does she ever pull hard when the secondaries come in ( now i know why they made "depends" ) :rolling: . Other then alittle boil over after shut down, everything went GREAT!! Didn`t abuse it ,just used it. Got my cost per mile to around $1,000.00 as i put 72 miles on it today.
I can`t believe there isn`t more bugs , when i think back to were i was and every nut, bolt and screw got worked on. The original service manual, that i bought years ago, was an incredible help.
I`m well over 1,000 pics now so i think i`ll find someway to post them somewhere so anyone can peek @ the details.
I`ll be back to post a couple finished ,in the park or??? pics on here ,real soon.

Thats one nice looking 70! My son is trying to finish his 70 Swinger by 2012. His graduation, But on a two day a week McDonalds pay check. I help when i can.

Wow! turned out very nice

Congradulations on geting back on the road. Very Cool! Love your car, cant wait till I am at the stage with my project! keep the shiny side up!
best wishes!

YEE HAW High Speed !!! A Few More For The Pic Lovers !!!

Just got high speed, WOW what a difference!!!
Had the car out three times now,1st for 4 miles ,again for 28 miles and last Sunday was 68. Got just over 100 miles on the car and Tim @ www.forhemisonly.com wants to give the engine a tweek!! So far it looks like it gets about 10 mpg. :grin:
Over heating was from a bad original cap. ( looked good ,but that`s it )
Leaking caliper was from not being machined flat on the flexline surface after being glass beaded. Sent it back and now it`s done right, :yes: no leaks.
Here`s a few more of the " in the process".

07 002.jpg

080 015.jpg

0801 002.jpg

0801 005.jpg

hawk 002.jpg

hawk 003.jpg

hawk 006.jpg

Jan 09 004.jpg

Jan 09 007.jpg

more 001.jpg

Nov. 06 030.jpg

NOV 18 003.jpg

rear bumper drive shaft 002.jpg

rear bumper drive shaft 013.jpg

rear bumper drive shaft 012.jpg

resto 021.jpg

resto 001.jpg

resto 030.jpg

seats stuff  Dec 08 017.jpg

Tin Man 003.jpg

Tin Man 010.jpg

00 015.jpg

00 027.jpg

1st fire 2009 003.jpg

1st fire 2009 004.jpg

even more 006.jpg

even more 010.jpg

more 009.jpg

more 012.jpg

00 003.jpg

Wow... that car is absolutely beautiful, you have done a very nice job.
I love it!!! :th_krazy:

She`s TOO HOT to handle !!!

YES!! She`s more excited then i am and i`m borderline depends everytime i`ve had the car out ( 4 times )!!!
:rolling::rolling::rolling::rolling::rolling:

Still having a heat problem. Went to see Tim today @ www.forhemisonly.com ,just down the road and he recommended i loose the 216 fan & the clutch & go with this 6 blade flex fan with a real good cup.:edgy:

I can see i`m going to have to boost the clutch pressure up a notch or two ,as there`s just too many ponies trying to run loose for the factory clutch plate. :grin:

Jan 09 014.jpg

Jan 09 017.jpg

1 031.jpg

Run a good CUP?

I hope he isn't thinking a flex fan is gonna fix your problem

He tells me it`s not pulling enough air through the rad & shroud at lower RPM. The engine compartment is too hot?

Auto Transport Service
Back