• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Canuck Member

My experience has been you can't beat the OEM fan and clutch with a shroud. I have had some 440s that only stayed cool, (under 200) with a gutted thermostat but most are ok with a 180 deg thermostat.

welcome,nice to have you here.plum crazy has always been my fav color on a charger r/t.

I`m not sure? I had a local guy do the rebuild on my 956 and it cost me $750. How can you tell?

Ask him what he used, or try to count them yourself. O.E. was 12-13 fins per inch.

:confused: I`ll have to count myself as i had this rad redone about 7 years ago & the guy that owned the shop passed away about 2 years back. ( yeah i know, this project took wwwaaaayyy too long to go together )

I`ve run into all kinds of snags with this car over the rebuild. Here`s a good one. I had the 70 440 6 pack engine rebuilt by Rex @ a local machine shop ( 12 years ago ) that have been doing this for years and i`ve had an engine for my truck rebuilt by him about 8 years back & it`s still going strong.
1 & 1/2 years back, i went to install the 440 engine and i`ve had the rocker shafts backed off from day one rebuild. Once torqued down i felt unusual resistance. Pulled the plugs & WOW NO notched pistons!! Tracked the guy down, he retired 4 years prior ,sold all his equipment and offered no help. :black_eye: Waisted $$$$ Pissed Pissed Pissed!!!
That`s when i found Tim @ FHO. Cost me alot more but this time it was $$$$ well spent. This engine was built now alittle above stock, 425HP & 530 Ftlbs @ 5500 on the Dyno. :grin: I`ll check the fin count.

more resto 014.jpg

more resto 013.jpg

Did the count ( 3 times ) , 10 fins per inch?? I think i may have it though. I remembered buying a new clutch over 15 years ago and hunted through my parts boxes and found it laying flat on the bottom. Removed the chrome flex fan ( really didn`t impress me anyway :no: ) & reinstalled the 216 fan and now the draw is better then ever!!! Haven`t been able to run it on the street for a driving test as it`s rained every day for 4 days now & we`re wwwaaayyy too busy with our resort operations. www.alpineresort.ca
Also FINALLY got & installed an NOS drivers mirror with the right lenght cable, so now the car is completely together :yes: !!!!!

1 WEEK TO MY DAUGHTER`S PROM :grin: !!

0 015.jpg

3 007.jpg

Busy, Busy, Busy!!! But who isn`t???

I will have them soon, just been very very busy trying to get the bugs out & be ready to sit in a lineup for an hour @ the porm this coming saturday and opening up the resort.

TODAY`S THE DAY!!!! :grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:

My daughter just about fell off her chair yesterday as i came home with PURPLE streaked hair :rolling: for driving her to the Prom today !! This was a really off the wall thing for me to do as i have long hair & i just turned 50 last fall.( Actually it doesn`t look that bad!! )

Will post some pics of the finished car & maybe a couple from the Prom procession. ( Crossing my fingers for a smooth ride )

Have a fantastic time.................a day you'll both always remember, just might even top her wedding day.:grin: Maybe!

Post some pics of the hair. :rolling::rolling:

Well That`s It!!! :grin: It`s all over!! :grin:

IT WAS FANTASTIC!!!! My daughter will remember this day ,there is NO DOUBT !! It was her & her boyfriends first ride in the car & it ran EXCELLENT :yes: , never got above 190, zero problems for me. Had a overheated 64 convertible Mustang 4 cars ahead ( he had to bow out ).Here`s a few pics along the route.

IMG_0775.jpg

IMG_0780.jpg

IMG_0802.jpg

IMG_0803.jpg

IMG_0806.jpg

IMG_0807.jpg

IMG_0808.jpg

IMG_0712.JPG

IMG_0809.jpg

so any time you feel like it just leave those keys on the back tire for me ok bud?

Great news !!!!!!

Haven`t been here in a while ,no time. Got some GREAT news a week or so ago. My car has been chosen for the 2011 PPG calendar! :grin: I`m not getting too bent just yet until i see the photographer from PPG here.I entered it back on the 1st of May.
Here`s a few finished pics that i took but my camera isn`t the greatest.
Also ,i had my car into the local Mopar dealership and there is a old school guy working there (Basil) that set the front end up so now it`s bang on and day / night difference. He also suggested a steering box adjustment and the car drives and handles like a DREAM!!!!!:yes:

FINISHED 001.jpg

FINISHED 004.jpg

FINISHED 008.jpg

FINISHED 006.jpg

FINISHED 009.jpg

FINISHED 003.jpg

FINISHED 005.jpg

FINISHED 007.jpg

Much better pics

A friend of mine sent these pics to me yesterday. He must have saw the car sitting outside just after i cleaned it up. He is more into photography :yes: ,as you can tell by the quality.

Charger-3.jpg

Charger-6.jpg

Charger-7.jpg

Charger-1.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back