• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Center Console Product

I didn't realize that I hadn't posted my results of the console they made from the prototype that they sent me to measure and modify, which I sent back afterwards, along with a number of detailed emails with measurements and observations.
I think it came out great.
I still have to select factory housing floor lights, but I'm going to use LED lamps and mount them (the holes are cutout under the material).
I couldn't be happier!
20190701_181037.jpg
20190701_181048.jpg
20190701_181055.jpg
20190701_181951.jpg

The round black cap covers a dual USB charger.

That console is so awesome. I’m sold, as long as it fits with a B&M I’m buying one.

Speaking of new center console parts, AMS obsolete is now repopping the top chrome strip for your 64',65' console. Just thought i'd throw that out there.

Is this company still around? I wanted to order one but can’t find them.
Man!! I looked up the website, and no good.
In one of my emails when we were "developing" the console for my Roadrunner, I was communicating with a guy who showed "West Automotive/Classic Consoles" Here's the website, but I don't see ANY Mopar consoles!
https://classicconsoles.com/
Here's the complete description I gave for color and material texture for my console, and I think it came out PERFECT for what I want:
I think the black carbon fiber may be best for the sides of the console, but black "grain leather" material for the top horizontal surface of the "armrest"/storage compartment cover. The Jamaican Sun yellow should be in "grain leather" material covering the horizontal surface of the console (other than the armrest) as well as the sides of the armrest/storage compartment cover.

Man!! I looked up the website, and no good.
In one of my emails when we were "developing" the console for my Roadrunner, I was communicating with a guy who showed "West Automotive/Classic Consoles" Here's the website, but I don't see ANY Mopar consoles!
https://classicconsoles.com/

Thanks, I think it may be the “universal hump hugger”. I’ll call and ask. Guess I should have ordered it a year ago.

universal hump hugger
That storage space is WAY taller than mine.
Here's a pic before they shipped it.
My understanding was they were going to produce this console, but maybe they kept a CAD of it or dimensions? It is based on their auto floor shift B-Body console (that I don't see on the website either now)
Screenshot_20210922-232522_Gallery.jpg

That storage space is WAY taller than mine.
Here's a pic before they shipped it.
My understanding was they were going to produce this console, but maybe they kept a CAD of it or dimensions? It is based on their auto floor shift B-Body console (that I don't see on the website either now)
View attachment 1170422
Armrest looks too low to be comfortable and useful.

Mine works for me, although I don't think I rest my arm on it.
I don't do much "resting" driving my Roadrunner anyway...lol.

Here's the long and short of my situation regarding my console...
I have always loved the look of the B-Body factory console with the Pistol Grip shifter. My buddy had a 70 Roadrunner I actually hooked him up with the seller, way back in 1978. His RR came with factory bucket seats and the console w/Pistol Grip.
I have had the pleasure of seeing a 70 V-code Roadrunner that is one of if not the most beautiful stock version of what it can be. Again, Pistol Grip, console, factory bucket seats.
Since I don't have that kind of money, OR to be more accurate at the time, I had a wad of money, but my list was primarily performance based upgrades, and that was going to cost more than I should have spent.
So I see the Scat Procar yellow and black bucket seats at a very good price and as far as the look goes, spot ON what I want. That leaves the console, which in and of itself, once all of the parts and hardware are added cost a LOT of money. Add to that the crazy bent Pistol Grip "console shift lever" and now I'm in the stratosphere $$ wise.
So I think "custom console"
I see the auto floor shift console, get lucky enough to have them make a manual transmission version of it, with my help, the plan being to make one for sale using mine as the template, AND it will accommodate the bench shifter!
I feel like I wound up with a killer looking console, a place for 2 drinks or other stuff I can put in the drink holders. It has a USB charger that I still have to wire up, and I want to put 2 LED lamp floor lights in that look like the factory light fixtures. Once I'm there, I'm golden! I also have a little storage space under the armrest that REALLY comes in handy.
WIN WIN WIN, and all of what I have now (without the floor lamps and fixtures) was under $400...
I am VERY happy!
20190701_182002.jpg

Here's the long and short of my situation regarding my console...
I have always loved the look of the B-Body factory console with the Pistol Grip shifter. My buddy had a 70 Roadrunner I actually hooked him up with the seller, way back in 1978. His RR came with factory bucket seats and the console w/Pistol Grip.
I have had the pleasure of seeing a 70 V-code Roadrunner that is one of if not the most beautiful stock version of what it can be. Again, Pistol Grip, console, factory bucket seats.
Since I don't have that kind of money, OR to be more accurate at the time, I had a wad of money, but my list was primarily performance based upgrades, and that was going to cost more than I should have spent.
So I see the Scat Procar yellow and black bucket seats at a very good price and as far as the look goes, spot ON what I want. That leaves the console, which in and of itself, once all of the parts and hardware are added cost a LOT of money. Add to that the crazy bent Pistol Grip "console shift lever" and now I'm in the stratosphere $$ wise.
So I think "custom console"
I see the auto floor shift console, get lucky enough to have them make a manual transmission version of it, with my help, the plan being to make one for sale using mine as the template, AND it will accommodate the bench shifter!
I feel like I wound up with a killer looking console, a place for 2 drinks or other stuff I can put in the drink holders. It has a USB charger that I still have to wire up, and I want to put 2 LED lamp floor lights in that look like the factory light fixtures. Once I'm there, I'm golden! I also have a little storage space under the armrest that REALLY comes in handy.
WIN WIN WIN, and all of what I have now (without the floor lamps and fixtures) was under $400...
I am VERY happy!
View attachment 1170696
Looks great.

The black Procar seats are more than $400 each now for a single color.

I didn't think about my $400 price being ambiguous in that post, since I did mention the seats, but for clarity the console was less than $400, and while I've seen "nicer" center consoles, the one I have is really nice for my needs, for my "Boulevard Bruiser" Resto/ProStreet look (lol..I know that's a mix-mosh, but it's what I'm going for eventually).
My Scat Procar bucket seats were around $145 each, and that was a 10 or 20% discount on the price I'd seen them at for over a year or more I'd been watching them..wanting them!
I see them on Amazon for around $175 tonight.
The only thing I'd like, and I may act on one day a long way down the list, is get a wider seat version of what I have. They are a little tight across the butt, but then again, I'm a big guy. My 89 Conquest TSi had a similar but even worse problem. Very nice seat, if you had an *** made in Asia...
By the time I get to changing my bucket seats out, IF I ever do, I may be able to fork over a lot more for much more comfortable seats, but I really do like the ones I have.
2 seats and 2 universal bracket mounts were around $420 shipped!!
I "think" I got them from Jegs but I'm not sure.

Auto Transport Service
Back