• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New classification: LDR Limited Drag Radial class

Mine makes around 900hp. Ran the short block for 300 passes. Swaped out the aluminum rods and rebuilt the T&D rockers. I did find a hairline crack in the crank after 425 passes. So now it has a fresh Molnar rotating assy. Car now has over 525 low 9 second passes. The only engine parts that ever stranded me were a failed lifter and a broken valve spring (Seperate incidents). Both these parts were purchased new when I built the motor. Changed the spring at the track and won one day and semis the other that weekend at Monster Mopar. In fact the only used part it ever failed was an aluminum direct clutch drum. Due to poor aftermarket design. I modified it, still in service to this day. Keeping an eye on valve lash and bearings is the key
Doug

These tire classes / heads up stuff is way out of control. Guy I used to work with runs in the 275x. He’s 4.2xx in the 1/8

Was meant to be a working man’s class, but like everything NHRA touches - turned right to ****. He has close to 6 digits in his drivetrain.

Here’s his car sorry for the Ford profanity....

511DD4F8-6EE5-4A4B-B06E-6D94AD5939C9.jpeg

Last edited:
These tire classes / heads up stuff is way out of control. Guy I used to work with runs in the 275x. He’s 4.2xx in the 1/4.

Was meant to be a working man’s class, but like everything NHRA touches - turned right to ****. He has close to 6 digits in his drivetrain.

View attachment 714002
My neighbor is building a mustang grudge car, i know he’s into the 3500hp engine for about 30-40, god knows what he’s going into the rest of the car

These tire classes / heads up stuff is way out of control. Guy I used to work with runs in the 275x. He’s 4.2xx in the 1/4.

View attachment 714002
You worked with one of the Bruder brothers?

Few years back I bought from this site a set of New in the box 4:30 Motive Gears, didn't install them right away just sat on the self, first time on the track they Broke, I should of inspected them before having them installed, but I didn't, after inspecting them at the track they were made in china, someone changed the Motive gear out with this Chinese POS.
I remember now..... I was at that race when you blew out your rear end...Watched it all.

So now it has a fresh Molnar rotating assy.
I am only guessing, from what I've seen use Molnar crankshafts, but would you say Molnar is the or is definitely one of the best quality crankshafts?

Btw - I said in the 1/4... I meant 1/8th...

You worked with one of the Bruder brothers?

Yeah both. They used to be hvac techs. Don’t know how they did it - 40 hour week, leave Friday for a race, drove back Sunday night/back to work Monday morning.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back