• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New converter on the way !

Canadian1968

Local time
6:29 PM
Reaction score
So I pulled the trigger on a new converter for my 68 charger. I talked with pat from SMR and decided to go with 10" 3000 stall converter. The converter in the car was a no name 2500 stall from the shop that I had the transmission refreshed at about 3 years ago. Over all it was a decent converter, but a little tight for my application and really dragged the motor down in gear idling .

Looking forward to the new unit !

20220529_160546.jpg

I'm at the point to pull the trigger now, but need to actually talk to someone who knows
what they're talking about. I have left spec sheets at a couple of name brand name places
only to not get any answer back. Good luck with the new convertor and let us know how it's
working out for you! Give us the spec's on your engine/trans/gearing too. Thanks!

I'm at the point to pull the trigger now, but need to actually talk to someone who knows
what they're talking about. I have left spec sheets at a couple of name brand name places
only to not get any answer back. Good luck with the new convertor and let us know how it's
working out for you! Give us the spec's on your engine/trans/gearing too. Thanks!

Give PTC a shot. They have been dead nuts on for me.

Chuck (snook)

Well got the new converter in. Took it for drive first thing I noticed was that the car idles much better in gear. It just seems to drive a little better all around. Didn't get on it to hard, did a little hole shot but hard to notice any difference here as the tires just break loose. The real test will be at the track !

SMR converters. 10" 3000 stall.

From here in Ontario. I wanted to keep the purchase in Canada and heard a lot of good reviews about Pat. Got to talk to him a lot, super friendly and very helpful!

Auto Transport Service
Back