• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Fast Ratio Steering Linkage Kit !!!!!!!!

Yes we still offer the fast ratio steering linkage kit. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks
James

The cars that came with the fast ratio setu also came with a faster steering box so the answer would be no but it will be better than a stock non-fast ratio setup.

Unless the pitman arm is longer than the original setup, it won't be as fast.

Not quite correct.... T/A & AAR plus some 71's came with a steering box with T/A cast in the side, that is how you identify the "Fast Ratio" steering box.... Accept the ratio is exactly the same, the fast ratio was created with the steering arms... But the box has different internal stops to limit travel so you can't turn the wheel far enough to cause the tire to hit the frame rail.....

Not quite correct.... T/A & AAR plus some 71's came with a steering box with T/A cast in the side, that is how you identify the "Fast Ratio" steering box.... Accept the ratio is exactly the same, the fast ratio was created with the steering arms... But the box has different internal stops to limit travel so you can't turn the wheel far enough to cause the tire to hit the frame rail.....
Had a 71 340 Cuda with the setup. The way I understood it, all the 340 E cars came with it.....but thought the box ratio was a bit different. Learnt sumtin new taday! Thanks

Had a 71 340 Cuda with the setup. The way I understood it, all the 340 E cars came with it.....but thought the box ratio was a bit different. Learnt sumtin new taday! Thanks

Just trying to help... I need to get all this useless info outta my head & into someones elses while I still remember it... LOL

Just trying to help... I need to get all this useless info outta my head & into someones elses while I still remember it... LOL
And I need to proof read my mess better....all the '71' E cars with the 340 came with the fast ratio steering. Had a 72 340 Challenger in the mid 70's and had no idea if the steering was faster or not but it did handle pretty good.

Any idea if a 66 fast ratio idler will be introduced anytime for this kit? I’ve had a quick ratio pitman arm on my 67GTX since mid 2000s when just the pitman arm was considered to work fine with a stock idler. Not sure if thAts still the conventional wisdom or not. It would seem that by now a companion 66 idler would have come out.

Anyway, how much quicker effectively does this make a 24:1 manual box?

Thanks

Any idea if a 66 fast ratio idler will be introduced anytime for this kit? I’ve had a quick ratio pitman arm on my 67GTX since mid 2000s when just the pitman arm was considered to work fine with a stock idler. Not sure if thAts still the conventional wisdom or not. It would seem that by now a companion 66 idler would have come out.

Anyway, how much quicker effectively does this make a 24:1 manual box?

Thanks
The idler won't do anything to the ratio of the box but it does play a different game with the Ackerman steering angles in a turn and the tighter the turn, the more scrub it'll have.

That’s what I remember in the foggy recesses of my memory from 15+ years ago. I think I decided it didn’t really affect my sedate style of driving most of the time.

That’s what I remember in the foggy recesses of my memory from 15+ years ago. I think I decided it didn’t really affect my sedate style of driving most of the time.
My 71 340 Cuda didn't seem to mine it. Someone had replaced the original idler with a regular one but then I was also told that was the way the factory made them. Just too much fog out there lol. I looked around for a longer idler but never found one but that was during the mid 80's (bought the car in 86) and early 2000.....

Auto Transport Service
Back