• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New "garage" in the works

very nice, want to see the plans, and build pics.
there is another site............. (dont know if im allowed to link it), where there's garage build threads.

RC did you actually buy the property yet or are you still in the noodle stage.....?

RC did you actually buy the property yet or are you still in the noodle stage.....?

There's been a few delays, but we are supposed to be signing the P&S tomorrow and closing by the end of the month. Got the final floor plans today.

I'll echo the good luck message! Congrats and it sounds totally cool. Have fun.

As you wish...........

DSCF8013.jpg DSCF8014.jpg DSCF8015.jpg

There's been a few delays, but we are supposed to be signing the P&S tomorrow and closing by the end of the month. Got the final floor plans today.

Congratulations to you and the wife. Sounds like a great adventure. Get ready to enjoy your new home.

Here's the important floor plan. The "outside garage" in the lower right is going to be used as a shed.. My work are is in the top of the plans & can comfortably fit two cars deep & one underneath the lift with plenty of room all around...........

DSCF8016.jpg

Cool deal RC

I've said for years now

"My ideal place would be a apartment above a huge garage with a cot & a shower...LOL,
In reality thou as long as I have a nice bedroom to fit a king size bed, a nice sized shower/clean bathroom, a nice roomy living room/den & space for a desk, also for a big screen a big recliner & leather couch, a nice clean roomy kitchen & same floor Laundry facilities, all the regular amenities you need to live comfortably...

Just for me & my dog, my dad won't be with me much longer,
I highly doubt I'll be married, kids are all grown up & they ain't moving back in...

1200-1500sqft is plenty big, as long as I have space for working on my projects & cars

40 x 40 open space no posts would be nice workshop, with a lift & maybe a pit too,
2 {-3} 12ft high x 16 ft wide roll up doors front & back
or a little bigger if it's the right place/location, not anywhere near the population
& to also have a drive around/thru & "flat-ish" driveway & thru garage/shop, preferably
with a nice 1-2 bedroom apt. above it, outside access too, that would be nice/ideal...

I was going to buy some commercial property a few years back & do that very thing...
Before dad got sick & my Uncle Ron died, I have my hands full right now...
Back Burner ****, now just someday...

I miss my old 66k sqft warehouse actually 2 floors,
one bottom floor was wide open, with just a few pillars
in Port Chicago hwy/Concord Ca. area,
across from a nice 18 hole Golf Course, nice quite area, not much traffic etc.

My business offices were attached on the 3rd floor, elevator & all,
much like any 1 bedroom apt. would be equipped {but no Laundry...LOL}
I rented out the 2 bottom floors of office spaces to cover taxes & electric etc....

That way when I was tired after work or working on a project,
racecar, restoration, paint job, cabinetry or whet ever,
I'd just pull everything inside, loaded work trucks or even my
Kodiak truck & 45' trailer still hooked up, still had room all around it too,
I'd just roll the doors down, turn the lights off, go upstairs & stay there...
That was nice...

As you wish...........

NICE... just as I would have expected...

Last edited:
Looks and sounds like a man castle. Everything as you wish. I have to guess the wife is in lock step with you on the project. We all want a wife like that - that joins in on th important things in life..... You're a lucky couple that you can attain this lofty goal and both enjoy it as one. I've no doubt you will. Enjoy the process and the fruits it shall bear....

Auto Transport Service
Back