• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Gauges gone crazy 70 RoadRunner

okiemopar

Local time
8:01 AM
Reaction score
We got the RoadRunner out Sat. to drive to a show about 75 miles away, everything was good on the way. Started home that eve. and my new oil pressure and temp. gauge goes wacko. The oil gauge was jumping all over up and down and the temp. gauge kept dropping. These are new OER gauges with the new electronic circuit board, needless to say pretty put out with it all right now. I checked the temp. when I got home with the infra red and it wasn't hot about 190. I put a mech. oil gauge awhile back just to check it and it was idling at 50# so there isn't any problems with the motor its self. It just get disgusting when you try to get every thing right and it still don't work rite. Are there any of you using these new gauges and are they working right? Aren't these old cars grand? What's every ones thoughts on this? Thanks Ronnie

Are these the gauges that I was asking about in another thread? Are these the new ones for rallye dash, sold by YO, Classic and other vendors? I have been undecided about having mine refurbished or buying new ones. Hope you figure it out. You may have made up my mine for this, if these don't work correctly. Are the new gauges made in China? I feel your pain, believe me.

Yes they came from Classic, they are OER brand gauges they all sell. But my electronic circuit board came from Charger Speciality's. They say It is the gauges so I'm waiting to see if they say thier gauges are better. I will find out more in a little while and decide what to do.

If the new gauges are the same as the old gauges, why do you have to change the circuit board?

The new gauges have to have the new board to work, but the old gauges will work on it too. I have been in contact with Charger Specialtys and they said they make thier own gauges and have had no problems with them, said they are the ones that sell them to Year One. I'm going to get new ones from them and try them. If they aren't the chinese specials they should be good. Ronnie

Auto Transport Service
Back