• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Aftermarket gauges

Timmayy

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
6:35 PM
Reaction score
What are you all using for after market gauges? There is so much junk being sold that I don't know what's a good reliable make. I have some Bosch but I already had to replace the temp gauge after less than a year. Now since I just did that little fix where you run a 10g wire with a 14g fusible link from the alt to the relay box, I plan on bypassing the factory alt meter on the dash. I want to put in a voltmeter but I want a good reliable one. If I have to, I'll also replace the oil pressure and temp gauges too just to have a matching set.

Thanks for any help.

Equus gauges.Budget friendly, available at Summit,Jegs,Amazon etc.
Been using them for years now and have them in my current car.
Throw away the plastic oil pressure line and use a copper one and all is good.

I have all Autometer Sport Comps in my cars as well. Knock on wood, they have been good so far.

I used an Autometer 2362 in my stock cluster to convert my 68 Charger to voltmeter.
Slight modifying but it works great.
Here's how I did it -

So it seems that the Auto Meter gauges are good. I'll have to order a set.

I used auto meter autogage in a nine second race car (other than the VDO replay tach), no complaints.
A variety of autometer, old SW, and VDO in the other cars.

Auto Transport Service
Back