• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Guy here, seeking a ‘69 to make my retirement car

Does it matter? Lol. I believe the best year in US automotive design history. JMO. Good luck on the Mopar hunt. I'm guessing looking to spend some for something that doesn't need a total overhaul? (Isn't everyone.) But will shoot possible discovery your way. Especially south Texas.
Outstanding...many thanx...

D

1AC0F8F4-BB45-42E1-94E5-D28DC648D5D0.png

Welcome to FBBO from Sunny NorCal Sierras

good luck with the quest for a 69 Charger

Welcome to FBBO from Sunny NorCal Sierras

good luck with the quest for a 69 Charger
Thank you--

I can see there are a few commercial places, Vanguard Motor Sales in MI, Gateway Classic Cars, and one or two auction houses. So I wonder besides trolling here and watching Ebay n stuff, are there any good options? Kinda looks like there are a couple of places hoarding Chargers and parts and slapping out 'restored' cars that seem to look just like months-old pics.... So THAseems dicey...

Anyways, anybody with good tips to help me find one I'll sure appreciate it. I do have some cash to get something, but can in no way hit these crazy six figures numbers some places want for decent ones they've either restored or rest-modded... Hoping to find a good solid car for less than that-- don't mind paying for value, and hope to do so before I'm too old to enjoy it....

D

Thank you--

I can see there are a few commercial places, Vanguard Motor Sales in MI, Gateway Classic Cars, and one or two auction houses. So I wonder besides trolling here and watching Ebay n stuff, are there any good options? Kinda looks like there are a couple of places hoarding Chargers and parts and slapping out 'restored' cars that seem to look just like months-old pics.... So THAseems dicey...

Anyways, anybody with good tips to help me find one I'll sure appreciate it. I do have some cash to get something, but can in no way hit these crazy six figures numbers some places want for decent ones they've either restored or rest-modded... Hoping to find a good solid car for less than that-- don't mind paying for value, and hope to do so before I'm too old to enjoy it....

D
I would steer clear of the place in Chicago who has quite a few second generation Chargers always listed for sale. They go by several different names.
CarsOnLine is a decent place to check in on every once in awhile.

Thank you--

D
Keep an eye on https://bringatrailer.com/

Start an account and then setup your watch list.

They don't advertise a car for just any Tom, Dick, or Harry.

Welcome from Stinkadener! Well, it's not so bad here anymore since the paper mill was closed down years ago. Hey, I understand that maybe you found a car lately?

Welcome from Stinkadener! Well, it's not so bad here anymore since the paper mill was closed down years ago. Hey, I understand that maybe you found a car lately?
Hello all and thanx for the many replies to my several threads...

Gonna post a few pics of my Charger

I got a very well restored 69 R/T with the 440 and Trac Pac four speed.....

For any interested, I will be selling the 440 and trans as I wanna drop a modern Hemi and trans in there and do A/C as soon as I can hook up with a decent shop here in the Houston area. But the car is awesome as it is... I just have that particular want as I'm gonna drive the **** out if this thing once I get fully squared away. But for now I am windows down and smelling familiar fumes feeling like I'm ten years old again....

SO here are A few pics. I appreciate y'all looking in on me here.

I really need a good hook for a shop which can do a Hemi swap here in metro Houston and, second, if anyone knows someone in the market for a newly restored 440 and four speed Imma have one up for sale, and I'll post here, sometime in the not too distant future.

Dave

6B2781DD-0CB4-468F-987E-F6D24E84E75C_1_105_c.jpeg 59EA58B7-F08D-438B-8E98-65F7C90ED72F_1_105_c.jpeg 85A16C94-1BC6-4774-B641-52E5E930BD38_1_105_c.jpeg 7307CCC1-2A22-4FBA-A7C2-CA8C114828F5_1_105_c.jpeg tempImage8X1m7Q.png tempImageiRMbjM.png

Congratulations Dave! She looks like a beauty!

I like the no vinyl top look. I haven’t decided yet, but I’m leaning on not putting the black one back on mine.

Hello all and thanx for the many replies to my several threads...

Gonna post a few pics of my Charger

I got a very well restored 69 R/T with the 440 and Trac Pac four speed.....

For any interested, I will be selling the 440 and trans as I wanna drop a modern Hemi and trans in there and do A/C as soon as I can hook up with a decent shop here in the Houston area. But the car is awesome as it is... I just have that particular want as I'm gonna drive the **** out if this thing once I get fully squared away. But for now I am windows down and smelling familiar fumes feeling like I'm ten years old again....

SO here are A few pics. I appreciate y'all looking in on me here.

I really need a good hook for a shop which can do a Hemi swap here in metro Houston and, second, if anyone knows someone in the market for a newly restored 440 and four speed Imma have one up for sale, and I'll post here, sometime in the not too distant future.

Dave

View attachment 1204082 View attachment 1204083 View attachment 1204084 View attachment 1204085 View attachment 1204086 View attachment 1204087
Is the car an original 69 R/T 440 Trac Pac four speed.....?? If so, please don't do it! I've never been a numbers matching guy but never did tear down a rare numbers matching car to make it a totally different package. A 318 car.....yup, no problem but.....and heck, I've even saved a few that were drag race cars from back in the day that were original Hemi or TA/AAR cars etc and sold them to those that respect them for what they are and wanted to restore them back to original. After all, they were original once and to sell off the original engine/trans etc.....you will probably never see those again plus the car will never be worth what it is now as an original car with that option package.

Thanx all..

And YES, it IS an original, now restored, numbers matching 440 Trac Pac..

But, here's my deal, the 'value' to me is in possessing and driving the car, that shape, and I really do prefer the benefits of the modern drivetrain ...

Now if I had been able to find another, different, and had this one to sell or whatever...

Point is I get the reverence and respect folks have for the sanctity of these cars as they were. But this is an awesome car and just happens to be the one I was able to find, confirm to be legit, and purchase. LOTS of scammers and traps out there and the ones I wanted, 69 or 68 in that order, seem to be most scarce.'

So I'm gonna do the dirty and change that mill and trans out.

As for vinyl tops....yuk. Just my opinion, but I LOVE the shape if this car and I like tin just metal... Again, Dukes of Hazard affected since childhood I'm sure but once I realized that post pension I am now 'that guy,' and CAN get one, it had to be the 69 and without vinyl top...

But agree or disagree I appreciate y'all's input here. I am an absolute newbie and will need all the guidance I can get.

D

Auto Transport Service
Back