• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Hemi owner in AZ

Ok to post this maybe ???
I REALLY like the color . Almost looks copper to me .

FYI,,,, We are planning to be at Goodguys in Scottsdale as well with mine

Gonna drive it up from Tucson

Also, Las Vegas in Sept
and the Tucson Classic is here in town in OCT

IMG_20210607_112543663_HDR.jpg IMG_20210607_112610340_HDR.jpg

Welcome to the world of Hemi's. I'm in Az., just outside of Phoenix. Where are you located? I've had many Hemi cars over the years. Had my 1st way back in 1978 so I'm pretty familiar with them. I would be more than happy to help you out.
Contact me through this site and I'll give you my contact info.

Agreed! One heck of a find, right there!
View attachment 1145636

Now, if you'd be so kind...
:xscuseless:
Sorry it's been so long, here are some photos.
Not sure if the mileage is correct, but it's an ex-drag car so it could be. Original owner was a lady school teacher in North Carolina, no joke. Her name is on the certicard. It was drag raced by a guy named Shorty Price at a track outside Birmingham AL. He has since passed, I'm trying to contact his family to see if they have any photos or other artifacts.

IMG_20211001_121334164_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210607_104243983.jpg

IMG_20211210_123305219_HDR.jpg

IMG_20211210_123151825.jpg

Agreed! One heck of a find, right there!
View attachment 1145636

Now, if you'd be so kind...
:xscuseless:
When it finally got here and came off the trailer, it would only make about 12 psi oil pressure when hot at idle. I tried a number of remedies but finally dropped the pan and found a beat up oil pickup and a spun number 7 rod bearing. The motor has been at the machine shop all summer, but should be ready to go in a month or so. In the meantime I have been sourcing parts and rebuilding/refinishing the suspension and brakes. I found a set of correct black wrinkle finish valve covers on eBay and had them powder coated, and a date code correct pair of exhaust manifolds. I'm looking for an OE upper ball joint. I need to check the numbers on the water pump, alternator, starter, etc., but most of it is pretty original- correct carbs, intake, trans, and most of the major parts. FBBO has been a great source of knowledge and information, thanks everyone!

IMG_20220420_103100584.jpg

IMG_20220420_103341225.jpg

IMG_20220413_165618172.jpg

No problem, I asked. I was aware of the distributor and coil, I think the dizzy is in the trunk, along with the alternator and starter, not sure about the coil. If it's not there I'll be looking for one. Nice catch on the return spring bracket(s), I wouldn't have known. I'll make a list of parts I have and what I need when the car gets here, plug wires, hoses and clamps, etc. etc.
I'm curious about the relay on the fender to the rear of the battery, it looks funky to me.
Thanks!
Your upper radiator hose looks like an original don't toss it. They are unattainable.

busterb,
Your inbox is FULL!
Start a private conversation with me when you empty it.
Thanks!

I had the runner at Fountain hills a few weeks ago for the Phoenix Children
's Hospital show

Auto Transport Service
Back