• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New here. 64 polara project

Got the engine and transmission out a while back. Still trying to decide what I want to do for a rearend. It has the tapered axle 8.75. so may look for something different. In the rearend. So left the rearend in the car for now.

KIMG0751.JPG KIMG0752.JPG

Your looking great keep us posted got alot of 64guys watching you.

Welcome & good luck with your new found project!

Looks like a great find. 440 5-spd would be sweet. Hope to put a 5-speed behind my 440 in a couple years too. Looks like it cleaned up fairly well. are you going to keep the patina or something else?

Looks like a great find. 440 5-spd would be sweet. Hope to put a 5-speed behind my 440 in a couple years too. Looks like it cleaned up fairly well. are you going to keep the patina or something else?

No I am going to paint it up all nice, and have the chrome all restored looking good again

Going to sell the 318? Where do you live? Would like a spare to rebuild....

I am in Kansas. I would let the 318 go, but I couldn't get it to turnover when it was in the car. I'm pretty sure it's stuck. I havent really messed with it since i got it on a stand though

Dave, let's see some of your pics please.

Well after several days and lots of hours. I got all the interior stripper and mouse/rat nesting out of it (I think), and got her parked in her new spot to start stripping it down. It definitely took awhile to get it power washed lol.

View attachment 813175
Gee no more dirty pictures.:thumbsup: Welcome. Go to this website click on tools and referance and download a service manual for your car. There is other material also. http://mymopar.com/index.php

No I am going to paint it up all nice, and have the chrome all restored looking good again

I’ll be honest with you, I love my shiny cars, but with all the aggravation painters have caused me in the past ten years I’m starting to really appreciate patina..

Plus with a shiny car you always worry about the first scratch, with a patina car you can rest your tired butt on the fender/hood/door with no worries... And better yet you won’t be stressed when behind the wheel

For the last 15 or so years I have done my own body work, and just to suit me. I call my cars drivers 10 footers sometimes 2 footers, but I never worry about a scratch r gravel peck. I basically want the rust gone and reasonably straight. I never have taken a car to a show and never will, I just go an see and compliment the guys there at the show.

Got the engine and transmission out a while back. Still trying to decide what I want to do for a rearend. It has the tapered axle 8.75. so may look for something different. In the rearend. So left the rearend in the car for now.

View attachment 829873 View attachment 829874

Call Cass at doctordiff.com ... he has a really nice solution to the tapered axle issue.

If you have the space, store the engine if it´s the matching # engine to the car. Always worth a lot if it is, in the future if you sell the car or decide to restore back to original. Really nice car you got!!

Auto Transport Service
Back