• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New horse in the barn

That's what I am thinking, also missing the rocker moldings on both sides and I am trying to find some or I am thinking about cutting off the little stubs and repainting the lower sill area. Thoughts?
Anyone have a good picture of their cars rocker molding installed?

So that’s the ones listed above on #1 sold by classics?

Many thanks for the help

Very nice Charger Rusty. I live in Las Vegas and remember seeing that Charger on the local Craigslist.

BTW for folks asking about if it had A/C or not, I knew the answer before the OP replied stating so. The first pic in reply #17 you can see the passenger side dash area and you see that there are NO vents in the bezel above the glove box. If the car came equipped with A/C there would be 3 vents in that same bezel. Two on the left side of the bezel and 1 on the right side (see example pic below).

IMG_1651.JPG

mmmm actually there are some with just the center outlets will be those called "strato vents" isn't it ?

Sorry I'm not familiar with JUST HEATER systems. ( No heater cars down here LOL, all are ACs )

Guys, I just bought the rocker spears - molding is there a mounting kit of some type that goes aroung the studs that stick out from the rockers?

rocker panels should get rivets where plastic clips attachs, then the molding clips on them. As far I know they are pretty much the similar than vinyl top clips, however not the same

These are the ones used for halo, full and canopy roof molds. Can't tell the rocker ones ( my car got SE wide rocker molds )

s-l225.jpg

Thanks but I think the Charger Ralley spears use a different method, it has 7 studs (see picture) sticking out and then the ends require one screw each.

IMG_1704.jpg IMG_1705.jpg

those clips I posted slides into those studs ( vinyl top trim get same studs )... and yes, the moldings get screws on both ends. The wide SE one too.

the clips for the rocker molding must be pretty much similar if not the same to the ones I posted.

Check megapartsusa or 512restorations or R/Tspecialties

If you bought the moldings from Classic why not just ask them?

Nice Charger! The 73/4 hardtops look GREAT without the 5 mph bumperettes and bumper cushions.

Auto Transport Service
Back