• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New intake manifold help

Airwolf222b

Local time
1:56 AM
Reaction score
Installing a new intake manifold tomorrow. The new Edelbrock manifold, leaves a portion of this “horseshoe” shaped hole exposed. What is this for? Did I get the wrong manifold? It’s a 318 on a 1973 roadrunner.

IMG_4364.jpeg

My Edelbrock Performer 440 intake leaves part of that exposed also. After you install it, it's always good to keep a rag over top of the hole when working with small items. Ask me how I know. :BangHead:
Yup. I've dropped small nuts and washers in the past. I've left them with no ill effects. Just put a rag over it.

Valley pan block off for that. You can get a steel valley pan through Summit that blocks off that area.

Factory manifolds do not cover that area neither.

I've restored a bunch of those over the last 17 years. It's amusing to pull them out of the blast cabinet and find nuts and washers on the grating. The most comical find was a rusty SnapOn 10 mm socket.
:rofl:

I've restored a bunch of those over the last 17 years. It's amusing to pull them out of the blast cabinet and find nuts and washers on the grating. The most comical find was a rusty SnapOn 10 mm socket.
:rofl:
Of frickin course it was a 10mm even though no 10mm nuts/bolts anywhere near the car ever.

Auto Transport Service
Back