• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New look

Exactly what does the blue/black symbol (third from left in line up) mean? What is represented means nothing to me....if it trying to say agreement, as in a hand shake, why not just say agree? Who decided the symbol meant that ? If I said what I meant in French or Chinese, who would understand?.....very few....
BOB RENTON
As best I recall from school, we drew pictures on the wall in the stone age. Society is reverting back there with computer symbols, road signs, and many other things to communicate with the the less educated.

It's the big black trimmed with yellow X now.:rofl:
images.png

I went shopping and got me a new one

Seems to work faster on my PC, can't turn my phone sideways to view any more. Used to be able to do that

Update.. Had to delete my browser history on my phone to make it work side ways
Ed

Last edited:
This one? The shaking hands? It's "Thanks".

View attachment 1291751
If "THANKS" is the meaning intended, WHY NOT JUST SAY IT....rather than trying to say what is meant through symbology? It takes no additional effort...and everyone would be able to understand.....
BOB RENTON

If "THANKS" is the meaning intended, WHY NOT JUST SAY IT....rather than trying to say what is meant through symbology? It takes no additional effort...and everyone would be able to understand.....
BOB RENTON
You're preaching to the choir here. I didn't write the program. May be you should ask the owner of the site by tagging him. Wow, don't sweat the small stuff.

I bet the old software is so old it is no longer supported. No updates, no fixes, no modifications if needed.

As best I recall from school, we drew pictures on the wall in the stone age. Society is reverting back there with computer symbols, road signs, and many other things to communicate with the the less educated.
Why should we, the "educated", need to revert to those "less educated" methods ? Perhaps, those "less educated", in order to improve their vocabulary and knowledge, should LEARN the ways of society and try to improve themselves, rather than denigrate the SPOKEN language. Just my opinion of course....
BOB RENTON

My guess is the changes were related to security of the platform the site is designed on. That said, I've seen worse forum software (and better). The new layout is a bit busier, and I miss being able to collapse the forum sections I rarely partake in.

You're preaching to the choir here. I didn't write the program. May be you should ask the owner of the site by tagging him. Wow, don't sweat the small stuff.
Please feel free to forward my comments and thoughts to those in charge.....I would welcome an explanation. BTW...sometimes the choir needs preached to....as everyone needs a little help....from time to time.....
BOB RENTON

how do you check feedback ?
I ain't seeing it either but then on the other hand, I'm half blind. Like when most site changes happen, there's always some hacks that need to be added or adjusted.

Auto Transport Service
Back