• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Member - Bay Area of California

1970DCH

Local time
12:00 AM
Reaction score
Hello - I just recently purchased a 1970 Dodge Charger after years of researching and searching. I’ve been a muscle car fan since I was a child, and slowly prepared myself over the years to bite the bullet on a list of vehicles, with a 1970 Charger high on the list. The increasingly restrictive CARB laws here in California finally drove me into the exempted land of pre-1974 vehicles and I couldn’t be more excited to join all of you. To either the approval or disapproval of people on this forum, I am in pursuit of a Gen III hemi swap (6.4) with manual transmission (T56 or TKX). I am mechanically inclined, but have absolutely no experience in metal fabrication. Fortunately, the Charger I found has great metal all around, with some surface rust issues around the redone vinyl top edges. I look forward to learning from all of you!

Welcome to the club!
The California emission laws require cars to be emission compliant as they were built BUT they only test the model year 1976 and newer cars and trucks...(New cars don't get tested until they are 5 model years old)
1974 and 1975 are still exempt from testing.
1970 though....
If the assclowns in politics keep pushing, I worry that they might go back and put restrictions on classics. For many years, ALL 1966 and newer cars had to be tested every other year to renew the registration.
Back on point....1970 Charger?

70 Brochure.jpg
70 B7 (2).jpg

70 Green 2.jpg

CF 3.JPG

I like the 1970 model cars quite a bit. Post up pictures of yours when you can.
Here are mine:

IMG_3849.JPG

Congrats on acquiring your Charger and welcome to FBBO! Lived in Livermore for 20 years. Moved to central Illinois in '05. Miss the climate!

Welcome to FBBO from Ontario, Canada. Enjoy your Charger project. Do it your way.

Welcome from south of you on the central coast. You're way ahead of the game with a solid body, the rest of it will be easier.

Congratulations on your 70 Charger purchase! I am a huge 70 Charger fan. I currently have four of them. Welcome to the site.

20220925_200214.jpg

Welcome to FBBO from NorCal Sierras

where in the bay area ?

Born & raised in Northern Californian
I dwelled in Contra Costa Co. for most all my early years,
Concord, Pleasant Hill, Walnut Creek & Antioch,
tell 38 y/o, then I moved 100+ miles east for 10 years in the valley
Eastern Sac. Co./Rancho Murieta CC/Sloughhouse
& later moved even further east, going on 17 years, now in Tuolumne Co.

Welcome to FBBO. Great car you got. I'd visited your area (Vallejo) many moons ago.

Welcome from Alabama, always good to see another Gen II Charger.

Welcome to FBBO from NorCal Sierras

where in the bay area ?

Born & raised in Northern Californian
I dwelled in Contra Costa Co. for most all my early years,
Concord, Pleasant Hill, Walnut Creek & Antioch,
tell 38 y/o, then I moved 100+ miles east for 10 years in the valley
Eastern Sac. Co./Rancho Murieta CC/Sloughhouse
& later moved even further east, going on 17 years, now in Tuolumne Co.
Very cool; I’ve most certainly been to all of those areas. I’m currently within the peninsula in Menlo Park. I grew up in the Mountain View/ Los Altos area after my family moved from Illinois when I was ~ 8 years old or so. It’s quite comical cruising amongst all the EV drivers here . It’s as if I’m in some kind of space ship ‍.

Auto Transport Service
Back