• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New member from a Mopar nerd in Southern Illinois.

I don't know the specific dimensions of your seats, but all 68-70 B bodies should be about the same.
70 RR Superbird seat for my car.
AA632512-E8CE-40BB-9B85-C00F40145698.jpeg

As far as the seats go, that would be up to your tastes. If you want to go back to original 1967 Coronet style upholstery, you would need to find the '67 seats likely, because the frames could be different than what you have now. Or, you could order '70 RoadRunner or maybe even SuperBee seat covers for the frames you have. This is likely the road I would travel, because you already have those good seat frames. The bonus with these seats is they have head rests and the positive seat back latch, which '67 seats would not have. I would likely gravitate to the Super Bee covers, because they are not as identifiable as the distinctively patterned Road Runner pieces. Still, be prepared for a few people pointing out that you don't have the right seats in your car.

Rereading your original post, you mentioned gas tank options. I recently had to replace the tank in my R/T, and the best price I found was from RockAuto. The ones they sell are made by Spectra, an OEM supplier, in Stratford, Ontario (not China), about an hour's drive from my place. Because Spectra will not sell directly to a customer, I was able to save about $200Can. by buying from U.S. rather than my local parts store, which does not make sense to me. This tank went across the border twice! The new tanks have the smaller vent tube welded on instead of being pushed through a grommet into the tank, where it could eventually leak.

Last edited:
Dave6T4, I love the way the seats I have now look so I'll probably stick with those. You make some great points. Who should I order from(best deal)? I've been looking at the Spectra tank on RA but thought I'd take mine out and inspect it first. That undercoating looks like it could get in the way of removal. Love your R/T!!

Jerry, your seats look amazing!

I missed it originally...

Welcome to FBBO from NorCal Sierras

nice 67 R/T project

If you don't mind me me asking, what's her last name? Small world!!

Welcome from the snowy and cold North Dakota. A friend in Minnesota has a youtube site that shows the tank process on a 66 Charger but same on your car.

Last edited:
Welcome from Alabama, I haven't quite finished my 67 Coronet R/T, it's getting there. Mine has been asleep on this 4 post lift for more than a little while. Several others barged in front of it for attention. View attachment 1382237
I look at your 67 as being put on a pedestal and cherished from below.
Love that color.

Note to OP:

KEEP the gas tank sending unit lock ring from your OEM tank.

Even the good Canadian repro lock rings are garbage- too thin and won't keep the rubber seal in for very long.

Actually, the rubber seal is also garbage. Mine lasted about 18 months.
I replaced it with a red toilet valve seal and that has held up for 8 years.

Auto Transport Service
Back