• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New member from Michigan with a 67 Coronet R/T project

Matthew J

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
11:55 PM
Reaction score
Hi all,
I'm a Mopar fan from Howell, MI. I've been on the forum for a couple of weeks now and have already gotten a lot of good info. Today is Day Zero for my '67 Coronet R/T convertible project. I'm excited to get started... and also a little nervous because this car is a lot more crusty than anything I have tackled before. Glad I found this place!

coronet-01.jpg

coronet-02.jpg

coronet-03.jpg

Tell us more about that ‘vert project. What are your plans? Got some work ahead of you but you’re in the right place.

Greetings and welcome from western NY!

welcome to FBBO nice looking coronet R/T project keep us posted

It's originally 440 auto car, with PP1 Bright Red exterior / white bucket interior with center console and tach. Fender tag is there. Build sheet and certicard came with the car. Plan is to make it a really nice driver / sunday cruiser. I'm going to stick with a stock 440 and keep the color scheme. Tempted to switch to a 4-speed though since it's a roller with no engine/trans and I need to replace the floors anyways. And 4-speeds are fun.

coronet-interior.jpg

If you’re gonna do the 4-speed switch, now’s the time to do it. They sure are fun. Sounds like an overall good plan. Good luck with the build!

Nice find on the car. If going to a manual trans, look at the modern overdrive units.
I put a 5-speed OD unit in my '69 Coronet R/T convertible with the 3.54:1 dana gears.

Welcome from way downtown here in Pinckney, glad to have you with us. PM if you need anything, I may be able to help out.

I just joined FBBO myself seconds ago. I pulled a 67 Coronet 440(trim) hard top out of a barn, where it had sat for 28 years. It's in pretty good condition so I think I'll just freshen it up and drive it. I understand your apprehension as I just finished restoring a 77 Dodge pickup. Most people would have pushed it off a cliff, it was that rusty. I'll be following your progress.

Welcome from Missouri!!

Welcome to FBBO from Ontario. Good luck with your '67 R/T project. I have a '67 R/T hardtop. I did a 4-speed conversion on a '67 Coronet wagon, and then finished it off as an R/T wagon. Likely the hardest part to find will be the 4-speed pedals. All the little bits are available as repros.

P7030087.JPG

scan0002[2].jpg

Welcome, nice R/T project. That will make a great cruiser.

Welcome from Illinois!! What a great project and I second your 4-speed motion!

Welcome from Alabama, great project. If going to a 4-speed, I have a spare set of petals with the over the center spring and the brake rod.

Auto Transport Service
Back