• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New member from Ontario, Canada

I see that your very close St. Thomas Dragway. Used to go there back in the 70's to 90's. I heard that the owner of the Grandbend track bought St.Thomas track from the wife of the owner that passed away a short time ago and invested some money into it to improve the track. Are you able to tell me how much better it is now as some freinds of mine and myself would be interested in going there if the track is in better shape then it was and how good do they keep up the prep? I never go to Cayuga any more as they are only about making money and are crappy on keeping the track prep up. They also have way too many people with street tires messing it up and then you only get a few runs in throughout the day. At Napierville they reprep any time when we start to lose traction and we get up to 15 runs in a day which is great. Plus they only allow the guys with street tires to be in the right hand lane.
New owners are putting $$$ into the track and maintaining it well. Track has been resurfaced and the top end is much better. They do good track prep. I am not a racer, myself, but our local Mopar club has its annual car show and race day there the Saturday before Fathers Day, in June. We don't get complaints from the guys racing there. I am 5 or 6 miles due east of the track. One of my neighbours has a 6.4 Charger to which he has added a blower. He runs low 10.00's and is trying to get into the 9.00's

Forgot to mention, I have the original window sticker and a nice build sheet.

Like Rod Stewart said...

1696357722991.png

Welcome from Alberta. Cool wagon and probably the only one left that would be optioned like that. You and I could start a 62 club! Let us know how the Gen 3 Hemi implant goes.

IMG_0461.jpeg

New owners are putting $$$ into the track and maintaining it well. Track has been resurfaced and the top end is much better. They do good track prep. I am not a racer, myself, but our local Mopar club has its annual car show and race day there the Saturday before Fathers Day, in June. We don't get complaints from the guys racing there. I am 5 or 6 miles due east of the track. One of my neighbours has a 6.4 Charger to which he has added a blower. He runs low 10.00's and is trying to get into the 9.00's
Thanks for the info.

Welcome from Alberta. Cool wagon and probably the only one left that would be optioned like that. You and I could start a 62 club! Let us know how the Gen 3 Hemi implant goes.

View attachment 1534401
Nice cars you have there. :thumbsup: I have a 62 Plymouth 4 door and a wagon here too, but they are just parts cars. I will start a thread on the 62 Dart wagon build once I start on it this winter.

There was a '62 Plymouth Belvedere wagon for sale at MoparFest at New Hamburg this year. It had been a factory A/C car with tinted glass all around and the flip up vents on the dash. Pretty solid car with no powertrain. I think around $14,000.
Nice cars you have there. :thumbsup: I have a 62 Plymouth 4 door and a wagon here too, but they are just parts cars. I will start a thread on the 62 Dart wagon build once I start on it this winter.

There was a '62 Plymouth Belvedere wagon for sale at MoparFest at New Hamburg this year. It had been a factory A/C car with tinted glass all around and the flip up vents on the dash. Pretty solid car with no powertrain. I think around $14,000.
I saw that car in the parts vending section and it was priced at $14,800.00. It not only had no drive train, it also had no interior of any kind, just a chassis. It was a solid car but it needed everything. Not a great deal in my eyes.

Last edited:
Welcome Demon! Nice Long Roof :thumbsup:

I believe this guy is up north. Saw him at Chryslers at Carlisle one year. (Just don't install a Chevy dash :mob:)
View attachment 1534349
View attachment 1534350

And my build thread if you need any info on '62s
Taking Up New Residence

You built a nice looking 62 Polara. I have seen that 62 wagon with the Chevy dash and other wrong addons. Not my taste at all. I like the stock look and just update the driveline and brakes. Once I start on mine I will do a build thread on it for you all. I went with the Gen III Hemi because I have been playing with them since they came out and just love them. The 392 I'm putting into mine not only makes 485 HP & 475 TQ stock, but it's also 15 pounds lighter then the old 225 slant six engine and bolts right up to a poly/small block 727 with just a special flex plate.

I saw that car in the parts vending section and it was priced at $14,800.00. It not only had no drive train, it also had no interior of any kind, just a chassis. It was a solid car but it needed everything. Not a great deal in my eyes.
About as good a deal as you are going to get at MoparFest. Did you see the tan '64 Savoy with a Max Wedge in it? Good solid car, but needed paint and interior. He was asking about $50,000 for it. Another $30,000 or so would finish it up. And you never know what is under the Maxxie intake and carbs. I was so disappointed in the show this year, that it may be the last for me. I could only go 1 day, and thought $50.00 was a lot to pay for a show filled with new Challengers, Chargers, and trucks, plus a vendors field only about half filled. I think the show is slipping

Welcome from Alabama, love your 62, would be a great match for my 62.
20190425_172806.jpg

About as good a deal as you are going to get at MoparFest. Did you see the tan '64 Savoy with a Max Wedge in it? Good solid car, but needed paint and interior. He was asking about $50,000 for it. Another $30,000 or so would finish it up. And you never know what is under the Maxxie intake and carbs. I was so disappointed in the show this year, that it may be the last for me. I could only go 1 day, and thought $50.00 was a lot to pay for a show filled with new Challengers, Chargers, and trucks, plus a vendors field only about half filled. I think the show is slipping
I've seen better deals even at Moparfest. That was a seller that was just gouging like many others seem to be doing today. I picked up my 62 for a third of that 62 Plymouth wagon. That 64 Savoy was nice but not worth the $50,000.00 he wanted. You would have to put $15,000 to $20,000 into just doing the Body and paint, never mind everything else that would it would need. You would have close to $100,000.00 into it by the time you are finished with it. I could find a nicer car that would need nothing for less. The reason you paid $50.00 is that you paid for both days as they always have done. Not their fault you could only stay for one day. This is only the 2nd year that Moparfest has been back because of covid and it is going to be awhile before some of the vendors come back, if they ever do, since it is easier to sell on eBay then all of the work it takes to load up your goods and sell at a show only to pack up again and unpack when you get home. I used to be one of those vendors and got tired of putting all the work into vending at shows. I also know of 5 old time vendors that had passed away during that time of covid. Hopefully more new venders will shop up in the years to come. I just go there now to meet people I have not seen for some time, buy parts that I may need and look at the new cars showing up that people have built. Still alot of fun going and I hope to be ther next year with ny 62 Dart Wagon. Maybe we will meet there if you do go.

Welcome. Can't be too many of those wagons running around. But I have noticed a lot of Mopar love from our up north cousins.

Auto Transport Service
Back