• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New member from Ontario, Canada

DemonSRT

Local time
1:45 AM
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I have a very early production 41,000 original mile southern US 1962 Dart 440 9 passenger wagon that is optioned with power brakes, power steering, A/C, all tinted glass, deluxe interiour, power windows, power seat, power tailgate, front bumperettes and front seat belts. The fellow I bought it from had removed the original poly 318 and installed a 413 but never got it running and decided to sell it as he has too many other cars he is working on. I am in the process of removing the 413 and installing a crate Gen III 392 Hemi into it with a 727 trans and 323:1 gears w/suregrip along with 4 wheel wilwood disc brakes. Just going to make it into a nice pepy driver for myself. I also have a 2018 Demon that I race just for fun at Napierville Dragway in Quebec. I have done some mods but still needs more tuning, Have done a personal best of 8.8 seconds in the quarter at 155 mph so far. Been a Mopar guy since 1971 and have had many nice cars and wish I still had everyone of them. I hope to drive the 62 wagon to Moparfest next year. Always enjoyed that show.
20220823_131036.jpg

20220903_153510.jpg

20220903_153531.jpg

Image-02.JPG

IMG_3974a.JPG

Last edited:
Welcome from Illinois!! Thanks for sharing your story! Oh, that Dart wagon . . .

How Sweet It Is.jpg

Keep us posted as it progresses.

Welcome, beautiful Dart, and holy sh*t on the Demon!!

:thumbsup:

Welcome to FBBO from Copenhagen, Ontario. Nice wagon project! Your Demon is awesome!

That wagon will definitely get the groceries home in a hurry when you're done with it. Sounds like she's in good hands :thumbsup:
Greetings, and welcome to FBBO from NY!

That wagon will definitely get the groceries home in a hurry when you're done with it. Sounds like she's in good hands :thumbsup:
Greetings, and welcome to FBBO from NY!
Yes it will, lol. Many were wondering why I did not want to put a Hellcat or the Redeye engine in instead of the 392(6.4). But to put those engines in with the extra components needed for the oil cooler and Intercooler systems, I would have to modify too much of the front sheet metal in the engine compartment to make it all work properly. It is an all original body and paint car so I just could'nt do that to it. :thumbsup:

Welcome to FBBO from Copenhagen, Ontario. Nice wagon project! Your Demon is awesome!
I see that your very close St. Thomas Dragway. Used to go there back in the 70's to 90's. I heard that the owner of the Grandbend track bought St.Thomas track from the wife of the owner that passed away a short time ago and invested some money into it to improve the track. Are you able to tell me how much better it is now as some freinds of mine and myself would be interested in going there if the track is in better shape then it was and how good do they keep up the prep? I never go to Cayuga any more as they are only about making money and are crappy on keeping the track prep up. They also have way too many people with street tires messing it up and then you only get a few runs in throughout the day. At Napierville they reprep any time when we start to lose traction and we get up to 15 runs in a day which is great. Plus they only allow the guys with street tires to be in the right hand lane.

Forgot to mention, I have the original window sticker and a nice build sheet.
I also have a set of 1962 Ontario licence plates to put onto the car as we are allowed to register them to the car under the "Year of Manufacture" program. The "X" on the plate was used back then only for the Station Wagons.

20230221_181221.jpg

20230221_181226.jpg

1962_3_8a95409b-a4f7-49c0-9267-64f1b73dd1ab_1024x1024.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back