• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New member thinking of getting sport fury

Looks like more then a 2 year park. High on the price BUT you're in Hawaii and prices are probably higher there

Looks like more then a 2 year park. High on the price BUT you're in Hawaii and prices are probably higher there
It’s hit and miss with prices, I’ve seen cheaper in the mainland and more expensive. People that like classics here usually don’t spend 10k for a project, but I have no idea what they go for to begin with. It’s simple math, shipping running car to Hawaii is around $1500, so if I can find a running car for $12-15k it makes more sense to ship it over than buy one here and ship parts to Hawaii from the vendors that only ship to lower 48 . What made me think is that old man is saying “ ran good, I drove it home, but I would rebuild everything engine and transmission “ makes you wonder... but I like that it looks complete. I’m just worried to buy a car for 8-10k and have to put another 8-10k . I’m sure for 16k I can find a running car on the mainland and do a quick road trip and ship it home. But not knowing what they go for, I don’t want to give him an offer. So fix rust on the panels alone will cost me around a grand plus paint and rebuilding the engine and tranny, rear end.. I don’t know what it would cost.

That’s an older electronic ignition system, looking at its condition, likely one reason the motor won’t run. Look at the bulkhead condition; damage from heat? Yep, ECU is bad. Bad means it won’t fire. Question is what else is wrong. I’d remove the plugs squirting some oil penetrant in the chambers and see of the engine can be turned over with a breaker bar at the crank (if it’s dead hooking up a good battery). The motor looks unattended for a long-long time. If the car spent its entire life in HI at least it never saw road salt. If the valve seats were never replaced to run on unleaded gas and it was run like this or not using an additive – another issue.

I’d pull up the trunk liner and see what the pan looks like. If the inner quarters are exposed (some had liners) good to take a look there to identify the extent of rusting. Having a CA ’63 vert, the truck pan and a section of a quarter were pitted needing new metal. The nifty side trimming on these cars can snag water and can rust around this area. If exposed to salt x 10. I’ve invested over $35k restoring my car and about half that was done by me. I paid $5,500 for mine back in ’95. A BB SF never seeing road salt for the price being all there is a nice find IMO. But, a nice resto isn’t cheap…depends on if you want a ready driver or some work and spend cash to make it happen. In my case, I know what I’ve put in my car is well beyond its value; but wanted this car to be for me the way I like it.

Aloha everyone, my name is Linas, I have 64 dart GT convertible 4speed, saw one 63 sport fury for sale locally and really got an B body itch.. problem is is not running some rust in usual places and price is 11k. Otherwise looks like complete car. Wondering what is going price for that year, I really dig push button transmission and it has 383 in it. Lowest old man would go is 10k. To me it’s more like 7-8 k range. Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

View attachment 1171993 View attachment 1171994 View attachment 1171995 View attachment 1171996
Welcome from Illinois and from another new member. Best wishes on your search

If the car spent its entire life in HI at least it never saw road salt.
Well, that’s partially true, it did not see road salt , but air is salty - cars next to the ocean are rust buckets

I know the car. The current owner bought it off craigslist, was advertised for 8k. He got it for less.
It did run and drive when he got it. So I don't see why it wouldn't run. He never really did anything to it other than park it. I don't think its worth 10k.

Well, that’s partially true, it did not see road salt , but air is salty - cars next to the ocean are rust buckets
Yes - have heard that; but after restoring two vehicles that went through many WI winters I'll say the undercarriage of the car looks dang nice. I can send a photo of what what a frame looks like I recently undercoated after a few days of descaling, wheeling and blasting...lol.

I know the car. The current owner bought it off craigslist, was advertised for 8k. He got it for less.
It did run and drive when he got it. So I don't see why it wouldn't run. He never really did anything to it other than park it. I don't think its worth 10k.
Was it 2 years ago like he says or longer than that?

Thank you for the help and information everyone. Looks like that this fury in nor for me, he’s firm on the price and there’s more body than I want to do. I went there to look second time and took my time, found what it looks like old body damage on the driver side and hood/fender/door cannot lined up. I notice 1/2” gap first time I was there, but I thought it was just worn hinges. Anyway, with all that it’s not worth 10k, search continues.

Thank you for the help and information everyone. Looks like that this fury in nor for me, he’s firm on the price and there’s more body than I want to do. I went there to look second time and took my time, found what it looks like old body damage on the driver side and hood/fender/door cannot lined up. I notice 1/2” gap first time I was there, but I thought it was just worn hinges. Anyway, with all that it’s not worth 10k, search continues.

Are you looking specifically for a 63 or looking at others in general?

Are you looking specifically for a 63 or looking at others in general?
I like early 60s the most, 62-65. I just like the way they look, not specifically 63. I do like 2 door more and I want to find something loaded with options from the factory. I have a barebones compact so want something opposite

I would like a loaded black bigblock A/C 63 sport fury with no rust and mint driving condition for under 10 grand as well.
If you find extras please post them up.

Aloha everyone, my name is Linas, I have 64 dart GT convertible 4speed, saw one 63 sport fury for sale locally and really got an B body itch.. problem is is not running some rust in usual places and price is 11k. Otherwise looks like complete car. Wondering what is going price for that year, I really dig push button transmission and it has 383 in it. Lowest old man would go is 10k. To me it’s more like 7-8 k range. Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

View attachment 1171993 View attachment 1171994 View attachment 1171995 View attachment 1171996

I would like a loaded black bigblock A/C 63 sport fury with no rust and mint driving condition for under 10 grand as well.
If you find extras please post them up.
Your reply clearly shows that you never read my posts, but you still wanted to say something sarcastic

Auto Transport Service
Back