• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

jlhram383

Local time
9:39 AM
Reaction score
Hello everybody. Long time Mopar owner 1st time poster. I have a 1969 satellite that I cloned into a roadrunner. Dropped in a 383 backed up with a 727 tranny. Project car always running into issues. My go to guy was my stepdad and he passed away. Look forward to getting lots more f info here.

0ACE8AE9-01C9-4ED9-9E78-7A7DF024839A.jpeg

We can't replace your StepDad. Nobody can.
We can help with tech questions, how to pick up women, how to cook a steak and where to find parts.
Welcome.

Thanks my most recent issue is squealing belts after an AC install. Alignment seems good. I’m wondering if I’m missing an idler pulley and if so where does it go?

This is how a 1970 setup looks. Not sure about earlier years.

Mock up 1A.jpg

I still get belt squeal sometimes but from the small belt that drives the fan and water pump.

Welcome from the former home state of your new neighbors. The squeak may be from mis matched belts[ should be a matched pair], being loose, poor quality belts, glazed pulleys, accessory mis alignment[ pulleys not in line with each other] and some other possibilities.

Welcome from Alabama, great project.

Welcome from New Zealand.

Would love to see more photos from various angles and the interior, too!

Nice looking B-body!

And welcome aboard from NY!

Welcome from Missouri!!

newwelcome.jpg
The most prevalent squealing sound accompanying these cars is the one
your bank account makes.... :)

Welcome to FBBO

sorry to hear about the loss of your step dad

Welcome from the former home state of your new neighbors. The squeak may be from mis matched belts[ should be a matched pair], being loose, poor quality belts, glazed pulleys, accessory mis alignment[ pulleys not in line with each other] and some other possibilities.
I've done everything I can think of changed out the belts brand new matching set. added spacers on both sides to change alignment

Thanks my most recent issue is squealing belts after an AC install. Alignment seems good. I’m wondering if I’m missing an idler pulley and if so where does it go?
Just curios , Saw a car like mine at a show and he is only running one belt on his a/c alternator with 2 groove set up. Any one else doing this with good results, still chasing that belt squeal

Welcome from Canada! Do the belts squeal if the air conditioning is off? Does the compressor pulley turn freel?

Auto Transport Service
Back