• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

coronet_bob

Local time
1:01 AM
Reaction score
I have owned a 1966 Dodge Coronet 440 two door HT for 54 years. Now that I'm retired I'm making improvements on it and joined the forum to get some advice. So far I've done front disc brakes with dual reservoir master cylinder, rebuilt/modified the motor and leaf springs, added a/c and repaired the lower quarter panels and rockers. Next on the list is motor mounts and front suspension with sway bar. Thanks in advance for your help.
DSCF0241.JPG

Welcome to FBBO from Ontario. You have maintained a beautiful 1966 Coronet. Congratulations! There are two different types of front sway bars available on 1966 Coronets. The early style is the same as used on 1964-1965 B-bodies. The end of the sway bar clamps to the front strut rod. The later style is the same style as used on 1967-1970 B-bodies. The sway bar connects to a tab on the lower "A" arm by a link. Most aftermarket bars resemble the later style.

Hi coronet-bob, Welcome!

Thanks for the picture of your car on your very first post, very nice looking.
kitten-decorative-welcome-sign-12894670.jpg

Welcome from New Zealand.

Fantastic looking car. Don't be afraid to post more photos.

Gorgeous looking car and well kept from the looks of it.
Welcome aboard! Glad you joined us!

Nice Coronet

welcome to FBBO

Welcome, nice 66. I recently added a hellwig front sway bar to my 67. The kit will bolt to existing lower control arm sway bar tabs if you got them. If not it comes with mounting tabs that bolt to the lower shock mount bolt.

Welcome! Great looking coronet!!
Has anyone ever mentioned your hood letters? Appears to be very early like the promo cars. Would be interesting to see the build date and underside of the hood letter holes!
@patrick66

Welcome aboard from Ohio. Nice

Welcome from Alabama, great that you have the long term ownership. Upgrades are nice, just keep everything you pull off.

Auto Transport Service
Back