• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New noise discovered

I
I might have missed this in the thread somewhere...Do you have disc brakes? Does it go away when you apply the brakes? Kind of sounds like a loose brake pad. I had that happen a long time ago and it made a similar noise. It was on my 67 Satellite with factory 4 piston caliper disc brakes. I don’t recall the cause or fix, but it was probably a sticking caliper piston.
I do have disc brakes. Not factory, they are from Dr. Diff. It slows down when brakes are applied but doesn’t stop. I would think that would indicate issue at wheels or driveshaft?

I

I do have disc brakes. Not factory, they are from Dr. Diff. It slows down when brakes are applied but doesn’t stop. I would think that would indicate issue at wheels or driveshaft?
wheels,driveshaft or in the axle itself.... do you have wheel spacers or anything on?

I'll be honest.. at this point i would disconnect the driveshaft from the axle, spin the axle by hand (from the yoke not a hub) and feel/listen and do the same with the driveshaft...

Thanks everyone for the help. Shout out to everyone who said check wheels, specifically icetech who asked about wheel spacers….the culprit. If I was more competent at this I would’ve got it way back in comment #4

Great video...The widescreen aspect ratio looks so much better.
Good thing you got it fixed. NOW post up some pictures of the whole car. It looks nice from what I can see in the videos.

Thanks everyone for the help. Shout out to everyone who said check wheels, specifically icetech who asked about wheel spacers….the culprit. If I was more competent at this I would’ve got it way back in comment #4

Awesome! i'm glad that fixed it.. once you drive a car with a wheel falling off you never forget the sound :)

P.S. wheel spacers are the devil.. make sure to check em now and then

Thank goodness it wasn't a bad cockbite valve.... :lol: Glad you got it sorted, we have more important stuff to deal with....

Awesome! i'm glad that fixed it.. once you drive a car with a wheel falling off you never forget the sound :)
I actually forgot the sound....but it was a 4-banger back in the 80's......front wheel came off at around 60 washingmachines/hr, and on the motorway at that.
Found the wheel eventually.....had to steal one nut from each of the other three wheels just to get going again....only a 4-stud car.

Frightening to say the least, and left a nice groove in the road surface.

Auto Transport Service
Back