• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Member from Indianapolis, 67 Coronet

ghinote89

Local time
2:34 AM
Reaction score
Hi All,
I recently purchased a 1967 Coronet 2 door hardtop (mostly shell) with the intentions of building a restomod and setting the body on a late model Challenger chassis. I'm mostly on here looking for exterior parts and some general information as well as enjoying the other cars that are on here.

Welcome from the central coast of Cal.

IMG_4149.jpeg

This is the only picture I have on my phone currently and its from when I picked it up. Obviously needing quite a few parts for the exterior trim wise. Headlight bezels, grille, tail lights, tail finish panel, winshields, 1 quarter glass, and a bunch of chrome trim. If any of you can help with this stuff dont hesitate to shoot me a message with what you have. This is a long term project, hoping to have done within the next 10 years, so my daughters have a sweet ride to take to Prom
1000002368.jpg

Welcome. I used my old 67 coronet 500 as a wedding car. Frigid snowed that days and remember going sideways out of the church parking lot with string of bud cans tied to rear bumper, before bud sold out to the woke culture

In case you didn't know-

You've got a 1966 front clip on it.

The headlight buckets are different than 1967.

IIRC 66 was welded in and 67 is bolted, plus the actual lights are in a different place.

The hood is the same, except for the chrome trim. 66 has a square profile and 67 is pointed.

Bumpers are also different. 66 turn signals are in the grille, 67 are in the bumper.

In case you didn't know-

You've got a 1966 front clip on it.

The headlight buckets are different than 1967.

IIRC 66 was welded in and 67 is bolted, plus the actual lights are in a different place.

The hood is the same, except for the chrome trim. 66 has a square profile and 67 is pointed.

Bumpers are also different. 66 turn signals are in the grille, 67 are in the bumper.
Thank you!
I figured I had some different year stuff on here. I'm not sure if they just put 66 fenders and hood on or if it was the complete front clip.
The 67 passenger fender is still on there but it's got some rust and the 66 passenger fender that's in the car as a "spare" has some damage... was hoping to take the 2 and make 1 good one but that's still down the road

Welcome from PA!

Good luck with your project. And as you have already found out from @YY1 's answer, there are lots of knowledgeable and helpful folks here.

Welcome, nice project 67 you have there.

Welcome from Alabama, a great project and in 10 years I'm sure it will be a treat for your girls.

I live in whiteland, a little north of Franklin. Very few mopar people around here. But, there's a lot of car nuts.

@lewtot184 This is a great area but as you have said not a ton of mopar people around here, unless it has a Cummins in it... Hopefully you didn't have any or much damage from the tornados that went through the area this past year, we are only roughly 5 miles south of Whiteland as the crow flies and was able to stand on the front porch and watch a couple of those tornados go through the area from a safe distance. Also if you haven't ever checked it out, you should swing into "Fletcher's Used Auto" off of 31, they have a lot of really nice Mopars in their show room, unsure if any are for sale, but its always nice to see some clean Mopars

Auto Transport Service
Back