• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

new project car / new member , 1964 330

Local time
9:12 AM
Reaction score
hey guys i am new to this site , recently picked up this 1964 dodge 330
needs a bit of work. needs some attitude.
wheels will be ordered this week

i would also like to get a set of leaf springs , been looking at the super stock springs
would i run into any problems with a super stock springs, with a slant six ( drive shaft length change ?) or hangers?
IMG_1029.JPG
wil be putting in a 440 eventually IMG_1028.JPG

Welcome to the site. :)
That's going to be a heck of a cool project right there. Looks totally unmolested!

Welcome to the forum! I really like the car!

Welcome from Illinois nice looking car you have. Is that an original Canada car? The reason why I ask is the instrument cluster appears to be a Plymouth.

As far as springs go you can have a place like springs n things or espo make you new ones have them add an inch or two in lift. Get the look without the rearend sitting lopsided.

Looks like a fun project, lots of good people on this website.

it was always kept in the garage , last on the road in 2010. i still don't alot about these cars yet , the gauge cluster could be from nothing else.

any part numbers for springs i should use

what about shocks ? something stiff

the car need the drivers floor board , and baseball size rust hole in the rear wheel well.

Look up under the dash towards the bottom of the cowl area. This area is noted for rust hence the possible reason why you need to replace floor board. Make sure cowl drains are open and not plugged. There is one inside of the engine compartment and the other is located behind the passenger side fender. If you open the pass side door take your hand and you should be able to feel another rubber flap / drain hole.

As far as shocks go, you can get them from rock auto. Dont cheap out and get Monroe they are total garbage. Get kyb better quality for a driver. A little firm but not bad. Just Google leaf springs and you should be able to get contact info for those places. Id go 2 inch over factory ride height, thats if you have them made for you.

welcome to FBBO nice looking project you have there

Welcome to the site! That's one good looking car! Just got back from Winnipeg a couple of days ago and noticed all the rusty cars. Looks it survived all that!

welcome from sunny california , nice ride , cool color combo , looks dick landyish . wants your plan ? thanks for the pics .

welcome from sunny california , nice ride , cool color combo , looks dick landyish . wants your plan ? thanks for the pics .
thanks thats almost my plan , id like to get it on the road and possibly get some decals made up like his 64 automotive research dodge , just need some wheels and scoop

thats a great look for your machine . so its crager ss rims n black wall tires , n the hemi scoop , not the max wedge one for 64 . what was the engine , /6 . keeping that ?

but your going 440 wedge , just show that , so max wedge scoop . and are you rolling it , this is my 63 sf mw cars bars , mainly rear section with a forward supports . new motor will need more of a cage and front end bars .

Fury.png Scan0046_0046.jpg

thats a great look for your machine . so its crager ss rims n black wall tires , n the hemi scoop , not the max wedge one for 64 . what was the engine , /6 . keeping that ?
i did find a pic of his car with torque thrust in the front and steels in the back . i am going to get a hemi scoop . keep the six this year and upgrade next summer to v8. 383, 440

Auto Transport Service
Back