• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

new to the Hemi and B body scene looking for swap info

Can a mod move this to the member ride and restoration forum? I am going to just use this as my build thread if possible.

So should I rebuild the 8 3/4 rear end or just get a Moser setup. My casting # is the 741.

The 741 will be fine.

what rear end gearing would you guys go with? I am doing the gear vendors and a trutrac. Also I have Small block 727 will it bolt right up to the 6.4?

3.55's and a 727 small block trans will bolt right up.

3.55's seem a little on the high side. I was thinking 3.9X With a taller tire. I plan on stuffing the biggest tire into the car I can get under it without tubing.

A 28 inch tall tire, 3:55's, and od will allow for a decent cruise rpm at freeway speeds and also allow for the hole shot. Anything steeper will kill the mpg at cruise and you'll be spinning the motor pretty high at cruise. But if ya don't care about that, go with something steeper than 3:91's.

am I reading it correctly that the final drive with a GV and 3.55 is still 2.77????

Yes, but I don't see where they calculated for what size tire.

looking real nice dc. just for some info i got the 6.1 with the tr6060 6 speed and i put a 3:55 sure grip and when i lay into it 1st will not hook up, goes up in smoke instantly

looking real nice dc. just for some info i got the 6.1 with the tr6060 6 speed and i put a 3:55 sure grip and when i lay into it 1st will not hook up, goes up in smoke instantly
Good to know. I ended up going with a 3.55

I keep thinking I am screwing up by not going 6 speed. How is your console going to look once its all in?

If you're looking for a NAG1 - I've got one that I'll be happy to sell you . . . it came with my 5.7 Hemi but I'm going 6 speed on my car . . .

been slow going but I do have a few updates, I dropped the idea of the 6.4 due to the cost for the relatively few HP. I went with a brand new built 512 stroker and a TKO 600, reilly motorsports alterkation full adjustable front suspension and K member and his 4link kit for the rear. Both ends with adjustable coilovers. all the bodywork is very close to being done. Just making the gaps perfect takes some time my body guy said. any idea how wide of a tire I can stuff in the rear without worrying about the leafs?

Since your going 4 link, leafs are gone. Might as well relocate the lower links inboard and narrow the rear for some beefcake tires!

Auto Transport Service
Back