• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Truck idiot message

FU64RY

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
3:18 AM
Reaction score
This comes up while driving my new 22 Truck. WTF?

IMG_2490.JPG

Nag screens.

If only we could disable them.

Both my 2015 and my wife's 2020 have start up nag screens about "obeying traffic laws" that won't let you use the radio until they timeout or you press the "agree" button.

BS BS BS BS!

Hers has a nag screen that's poorly programmed if the cruise is on.
Supposed to alert you to "take a break" after a long period but it comes on after 5 minutes' WTF?
...and then every 15 minutes.

Common sense going the way of the dodo bird. Warning, coffee is hot. Don't eat the soap. FFS

and take the picture
:rofl: :steering:

I had a rental suggest that I take a break from driving.

I'd only been travelling a little over a half hour.
I was going through some s curves and I was looking around.

GM engineers are a special kind of stupid. The 20 I drive does the same thing, it has shippy electonics in it all around, crappy interior and horrible styling and comfort compared to my Ram too. It does seem to be more reliable mechanically though. It's like the GM and Ram roles have reversed over the decades. It used to be GM trucks had the good interiors and Dodges were better mechanically.

The chevy cars at work did the same thing and it wouldn't dissappear until you hit the ok button. PITA

The new Nissans don't do it. Maybe a GM thing?

The chevy cars at work did the same thing and it wouldn't dissappear until you hit the ok button. PITA

The new Nissans don't do it. Maybe a GM thing?
Fords do it too..at least my wife's (2021). The '18 model she had before that didn't have the nagging BS the newer one does.
Nanny state.

Chrysler has stupid stuff too. Car won’t roll in neutral unless engine running since Chekov ran over himself.

My Father in Law has a newer Toyota RAV4.
After some time on the road, The dash display switches to some warning to "take a break from driving" type of message that is hard to disable without stopping the car.

Chrysler has stupid stuff too. Car won’t roll in neutral unless engine running since Chekov ran over himself.
Actually, the Chekov thing started the "auto-park" programming.

Try backing a new Dodge up to a trailer by hanging out the driver door.

Soon as you open the door? Trans puts itself into park. Regardless of engine on, or off.

Someone could make a fortune selling a car without computers and MINIMAL electronics. Same for refrigerators and washing machines.

Last edited:
some dumb *** will crash while reading that page long paragraph

Typical CYA stuff. You can thank our litigious society.

Somone could make a fortune selling a car without computers and MINIMAL electronics. Same for refrigerators and washing machines.

I refuse to drive a modern vehichle..... my 01 Durango only has one annoyance and it isn't that bad; when the doors lock upon takeoff, and remain locked..... I hate that

Part of what I call todays “nanny” cars.

Actually, the Chekov thing started the "auto-park" programming.

Try backing a new Dodge up to a trailer by hanging out the driver door.

Soon as you open the door? Trans puts itself into park. Regardless of engine on, or off.
Yes. It certainly does. Hate that also.

Auto Transport Service
Back