• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Truck idiot message

And they want to have 80,000 pound self driving trucks. What a bunch of morons.

It's all down to 2 things:
1. *** covering. To stop them being sued by some moron.
2. Safety ratings. Scored in a little low in the frontal impact? Gain those lost points back by having a buzzer that rings if you go over 10mph without your seatbelt on.

If they were serious about safety they would get rid of all the screens and bullshit that's there to distract you.

Something to be said for that pre-80's
Mopar when the only thing stuck in the
dash was the AM/FM (and maybe an 8
trac). The only thing then, nagging you,
was your girlfriend.

I think all new(er) cars have those stupid messages about keeping your eye on the road. I love my 2020 Ram, but there are some things that are annoying about it - that warning screen is one of them. What is more annoying are the seatbelts and auto-park feature. The seatbelt warning will chime continuously until both front passengers put on their seat belts - it will never stop. For ****s sake, I was driving around the Carlisle fairgrounds for the picnic lunch last year at less than 5 MPH and it was chiming and warning me the whole way. Really?
The auto park feature is a pain too. I was trying to hang out the cab with the door open to park a trailer. NOPE. It would just go into park every time, even though I tied to put it back in reverse after it went back into park. Basically, you are not moving the vehicle unless the doors are shut.

Having said all that, I realize I am a bit of a hypocrite. I say all I like are the "old" car features. But when it gets cold, my Ram heated seats and steering wheel are on. And I use the adaptive cruise control, and the air conditioned seats in summer, and air suspension, etc., etc. So I guess I just have to deal with the small annoyances because it's a pretty darn nice truck.

If we could just have the features without the lawyers... :poke:

I bought a heated seat insert for $20 after the heater core started leaking in my Dakota.

It could very easily be installed under the factory upholstery.

...and so could be done on any of my classics!

I refuse to drive a modern vehichle..... my 01 Durango only has one annoyance and it isn't that bad; when the doors lock upon takeoff, and remain locked..... I hate that
Honestly I actually like that feature as its nice when driving in the cities run by a "certain" group as they are famous for car jacking and robberies that go unpunished.. Makes you a less likely target if they can't just rip the door open and pull you out..

Honestly I actually like that feature as its nice when driving in the cities run by a "certain" group as they are famous for car jacking and robberies that go unpunished.. Makes you a less likely target if they can't just rip the door open and pull you out..

I try my best to avoid driving in the hood

Nice, they give you something to read while driving.

Another reason there won't be self driving cars in the way pop culture has it imagined.
There will be so many messages and requirements in the name of CYA that people will say screw it, I'll just drive it myself.

I think all new(er) cars have those stupid messages about keeping your eye on the road. I love my 2020 Ram, but there are some things that are annoying about it - that warning screen is one of them. What is more annoying are the seatbelts and auto-park feature. The seatbelt warning will chime continuously until both front passengers put on their seat belts - it will never stop. For ****s sake, I was driving around the Carlisle fairgrounds for the picnic lunch last year at less than 5 MPH and it was chiming and warning me the whole way. Really?
The auto park feature is a pain too. I was trying to hang out the cab with the door open to park a trailer. NOPE. It would just go into park every time, even though I tied to put it back in reverse after it went back into park. Basically, you are not moving the vehicle unless the doors are shut.

Having said all that, I realize I am a bit of a hypocrite. I say all I like are the "old" car features. But when it gets cold, my Ram heated seats and steering wheel are on. And I use the adaptive cruise control, and the air conditioned seats in summer, and air suspension, etc., etc. So I guess I just have to deal with the small annoyances because it's a pretty darn nice truck.

If we could just have the features without the lawyers... :poke:
A guy needs to get a couple seat belt buckles and keep them in the cup holder.
As long as the computer isn't all mad that you didn't pull the strap out lol

I know how to lock my own doors without my vehicles doing it for me. And a buddy of mine has a 4 door truck and whenever we go some place and I have to ride in the back, I have to just about scream at him to unlock the child guard automatic locks so I can get out of that POS.

Lots of reasons here for me to keep on driving my 90's junk and so long as they keep on running, F that new crap. And that same buddy loves the back up cameras and the alerts and on and on. He still can't back up using the BUC's! lol

Hmm...dash alerts telling you to keep your eyes on the road make as much sense as billboards with the same message.

I know how to lock my own doors without my vehicles doing it for me. And a buddy of mine has a 4 door truck and whenever we go some place and I have to ride in the back, I have to just about scream at him to unlock the child guard automatic locks so I can get out of that POS.

Lots of reasons here for me to keep on driving my 90's junk and so long as they keep on running, F that new crap. And that same buddy loves the back up cameras and the alerts and on and on. He still can't back up using the BUC's! lol
EVERYONE knows how to lock their vehicles… For me it’s just nice to know they are locked in case you forget. This was never an issue I cared about UNTIL crime skyrocketed… As far your buddies truck it’s just a matter of pushing a button to disable the child locks..

EVERYONE knows how to lock their vehicles… For me it’s just nice to know they are locked in case you forget. This was never an issue I cared about UNTIL crime skyrocketed… As far your buddies truck it’s just a matter of pushing a button to disable the child locks..
For some reason, he can't figure it out lol. Heck, he won't even text message with his phone. He likes the new tech with the cars but doesn't like learning how to use it....

Auto Transport Service
Back