• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New wheels are on

Thats why I purcased Billet Specialties. They are billet center, SFI rated. It's funny. They ran the American 200S in both Trans-Am and in Top Fuel back in the day. They may have survived if i had rounded the inside edge of the spokes. But I can't take chance. Car is too nice and to quick (8.98@150). Even contacted American about the repop 200s. They asked how quick the car was. And said no ah ah. It's been 1.24 60ft off the foot brake.
Doug
Now that there is one handsome car. Not to mention trimming off some rotating lard while you're at it. Win Win.
Doug, you know me, I like light. Congrats.
I guess you had to wait all this time for the new tires since I last saw you with the new rims.

Now that there is one handsome car. Not to mention trimming off some rotating lard while you're at it. Win Win.
Doug, you know me, I like light. Congrats.
I guess you had to wait all this time for the new tires since I last saw you with the new rims.
New fronts. According to the M/T rep at PRI 10.5Wx31 won't be available until April. These maybe have 50 passes left on them.
Doug

I may be a little biased but great choice, Doug. I have the Billet Specialties Street Lites in 15x12 and 15x6 on my street car.

DSCN0647.JPG

DSCN0650.JPG

Great choice, Doug! The polished finish (single color) actually calms the appearance of the car slightly. I like it!

Finished the clearance up today. Trimmed the outer lips. Cut the inner rail flange back and welded it up.
Doug

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Those new wheels really add a nice touch to that car. Looks awesome. How much ET do you think it’ll shave?

Beautiful car. The new wheels really make it pop.

Those new wheels really add a nice touch to that car. Looks awesome. How much ET do you think it’ll shave?
Here's the plan. Pull the passenger seat, weight bar brackets, and run only 2 gallons of fuel. So with the new wheels it'll be pretty close to 3250 with me. That's roughly 85lbs lighter than when it ran 8.98@2900 D/A. We'll know in the spring

Beauty! How much did it hurt to drill holes into those beautiful wheels.

Beauty! How much did it hurt to drill holes into those beautiful wheels.
It was scary. Did multiple measurements as I wanted 10 screws instead of 8 to be symetrical with the spokes. I'm no trig expert so the pattern took me awhile. All were measured the same distance from the lip with a dial caliper. Each hole was center punched and pilot drilled. Then drilled to size. Then with trans fluid every screw was hand threaded before tire installation. Then the edges were all debured. The entire time I'm worried about scratching them. Oh and then the valve stem hole. As it runs tubes the hole needed to be near the center of the rim. So they were ordered w/o the hole drilled. I've tried running w/o screws by glueing the tire to the rim. The tire slipped. It runs tubes as the sidewalls last longer. When the tire slipped it eventually ripped the tube. So screws it is.
Doug

It was scary. Did multiple measurements as I wanted 10 screws instead of 8 to be symetrical with the spokes. I'm no trig expert so the pattern took me awhile. All were measured the same distance from the lip with a dial caliper. Each hole was center punched and pilot drilled. Then drilled to size. Then with trans fluid every screw was hand threaded before tire installation. Then the edges were all debured. The entire time I'm worried about scratching them. Oh and then the valve stem hole. As it runs tubes the hole needed to be near the center of the rim. So they were ordered w/o the hole drilled. I've tried running w/o screws by glueing the tire to the rim. The tire slipped. It runs tubes as the sidewalls last longer. When the tire slipped it eventually ripped the tube. So screws it is.
Doug
I knew it was going to be a painstaking job for you. I remember when you drilled the holes in your last rims and when I drilled mine, well I pretty much quoted you. Yeah it’s painful but it’s got to be done. Imagine the feeling when I started cutting into those new AMD quarters on the Dart.

If it's going to be a Hot Rod, you know it's gonna get cut up. Fear not. Cut, drill, and weld away.
Doug

Man! That is absolutely stunning. And truly wicked fast! Hoping for a stance like that. Definitely won’t be that fast.

They are great looking rims . Though I have Centreline Qualifiers on front and for rear street tyres .

Tex

24082019 TC#5 -3.jpg

I started out with Street lites, then Torq Thrusts, then Super Tricks, now Draglites. Not sure I’m done yet. Have front draglites on right now, may go back to the Super tricks by race day.
7B6E2DB5-D6FC-4E3F-AA2C-D4FB265D84F2.jpeg

54D3B608-FAC7-4DF0-8AF6-4809028EEDCF.jpeg

4A8E6E61-ABBF-4C42-8611-5180AEA78899.jpeg

Malex you have too much time , money and space on your hands . Wheels are way too pricey down here to have mutliple sets like that . ;-)

Tex

Malex you have too much time , money and space on your hands . Wheels are way too pricey down here to have mutliple sets like that . ;-)

Tex
Hahaha. Yeah right. Well all that coupon clipping adds up!

Auto Transport Service
Back