• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Newbie from Ohio..

RacerAL

Local time
1:16 PM
Reaction score
Hello.. my name is Alan and i live in central Ohio.i've been into MOPARS especially b-body Mopars as long as i can remember..In fact the car that i own/race now is the exact year and body style of the first b-body that i ever rode in,and when i official was "HOOKED" .My car is a 1967 Ply. Satellite,that first car was my uncle's 67 GTX..i know not quite the same,but, it's was close enough for me.I bought the car pretty much as a basket case..It took me about 3 years to get the car as far as it is now.I was lucky enough to get to race alittle this past summer and hope to hit it hard come spring time...which when you live in Ohio can seem like a life-time from Jan to May..lol...I look forward to meeting new Mopar brethren..and sharing our experiences.

Copy of DSCF0046 (Small).JPG

welcome! love the car. same story here. the gtx i own today is the same one i rode in as a 7 year old-sitting on the trans tunnel while my dad's buddy did big smokey burnouts! you're in good company here. :HappyNewYear:

Welcome. A sack O money will make that Satellite outrun a GTX:grin:

Welcome RacerAL, nice ride! What kind of times are you doing?

Thanks for the nice words fellas.....
alleyoopmgv...so far the best et on the car is [email protected]/ a 1.53 60ft....theres a TON left in it...switching to a dual 4 setup and making a cam swap within the next couple of weeks..hopefully it will run 10.90's.....AL

welcome, I plan on runnin'at national trail this year.

Good to have you aboard! There are quite a few Buckeyes who are members.

Glad to have you here.

Last edited:
RATS....I was hoping that no one would notice that..Yea it's a chebbie..67 Impala 283 PG..it was a side job i had going on at the time when that pic was taken..pretty solid car,buddy of mine bought it and brought it to me,to rebuild engine and do some metal work..(it needed a trunk pan and p.s.floor pan..really the only rust on the car)...thanks again for the welcome.........AL

Its all good, we have all had our indiscretions...I have been known to have a Camaro or two....

Last edited:
Make mine one O them gold dollars you can get at the Post Orifice:HappyNewYear:

Welcome,nice looking car! is it strictly a race car? (I imagine with those times it is) Also HOW in the ---- can anyone tell what kind of car is sitting behind his.I thought it was a picnic table..lol

Welcome,nice looking car! is it strictly a race car? (I imagine with those times it is) Also HOW in the ---- can anyone tell what kind of car is sitting behind his.I thought it was a picnic table..lol

Well for me it was the fender edges coupled with the pointed header panel and the slope angle of the rear quarter panel......

yea it's stricly a drag car...HOWEVER...it wouldn't take to much to make it streetable....and i was wondering the same thing about be able to tell what was behind my car...man he's got a good eye...

Auto Transport Service
Back