• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

newbie from Savannah GA

jeff ashley

Local time
9:11 AM
Reaction score
hey guys great site. thanks for allowing us to use it. my first car was a 69 rr green 383 4-speed. i sold it to a guy in atlanta when i was still a teenager. ive wanted another one every since. i have a body shop down here and ive restored a few gm cars. (i know i know.) my passion has always been to have another rr. i dont think ill ever find my original one but i did find one to replace it with. about a month ago i bought a red 68 rr. 383 auto. this car is the most preserved rust free 68 model car ive ever seen. it was originally in south dakota. go figure. i found a registration while i was taking the car apart and googled the owners name. i called him and talked to him about the car. he still drives a 68 sport satellite he had as a parts car for this one. he said he sold this car to pay for his last semester of college. ive been working hard on this car to get it ready for the turkey rod run in november. its completely stripped and we've started the bodywork on the dents. ill post some pics as it goes. ive bought alot of cars over the years but ive not been this excited to finish a car in a long time. i cant wait to drive it. heres a couple of pics. so far. thanks again jeff

Attachments

• roadrunner04.jpg
    roadrunner04.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 228
  • roadrunner02.jpg
    roadrunner02.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 203
  • roadrunner03.jpg
    roadrunner03.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 210
welcome to FBBO, 68 RR 1 of my favorites & it looks to be a great project car... good luck

Welcome to the FBBO site Jeff :hello2: That is a great looking RR project car you have landed. Looking forward to seeing some of your progress pics along the way :)

savannah

welcome from another roadrunner driven,tire fryen, Georgia boy.:3gears:

b-star i used to terrorize stockbridge in my 69 rr when i was 16. i grew up on wesley chapel rd. that was in 83 or so.

HOLEY CRAP! That's cool of course it was all country back then and i lived in Forestpark .Ah the good old days.

thanks for all the welcomes, i started a post in the projects thread with the pics of ongoing work. any help and critisizm is welcomed. jeff

Welcome to the site - looks like a great solid project.

Auto Transport Service
Back