• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Newbie with a 64 Polara 500

Thanks for the welcome!!

Plans are for a resto mod style but keeping as much of the class these cars have. All of the exterior trim and interior styling are a lot of what brings the class to these cars.

Current Motor is a 383 that was rebuilt. Supposedly only needs an intake manifold, carb, and ignition to go. We'll see hopefully sooner than later.

Would love to go a crate 392 hemi, but leaning more towards a 440 with one of the simpler fuel injection systems out there.

Other than getting the motor running, first priorities are four wheel disc brakes and front suspension. The rear end is a donor Dana 60 out of a 69 Super bee. Other than the rear end, the underside of this car has never been touched. Very heavy, undisturbed undercoating front to rear.

It'll be a slow process for me since I have a 2 year old son, but I'm definitely chomping at the bit to get started.

I've been deep into the disc brake forums already!!

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Howdy from north of you,
What a great car to start with, I lke it a lot!

Welcome from NC. Looks like you got a really solid project the. Let us know how the progress goes.

welcome from phoenix az your going to have a fine ride when its done.

From the looks, you are off and running with a great project. Glad to have you join the group here at FBBO. From the Pacific Northwest a hardy Welcome.. :luvplace:
Bob :moparsmiley:

Auto Transport Service
Back