• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NFL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doing the right thing doesn't ever deserve an "award ". Just do the right thing and refuse unnecessary recognition. Actions speak louder than words. The NFL is loaded with felons, abusers and pampered cry babies. They have been dead to me for years.
Steve, you just can't get enough of that progressive, social justice Kool-aid can you?
If you think about it, the fact they published the story reflects the sad facts you mention. But, nevertheless, getting involved to prevent attack on a woman deserves credit in my book. To him, individually. Still doesn't change my view of the nfl as a whole, which I concur with you.

Wow, some of you really have a way of turning a positive story upside down? I get the whole "you shouldn't get a reward" point but I'm assuming the assault was reported therefore providing the man's name which resulted in recognition for his actions none of which he had anything to do with? Like most I can't stand the NFL, don't watch it and refer to it as thugball but I don't mind seeing that there's actually some good guys in the league either. Now if he goes out on every talk show to talk about his heroism then yeah, he's seeking attention.
You see its you that gets the picture, understands what it all about and are big enough to say so
I don't agree with you on many topics but ive always respected you and this post of yours is one reason why
You summed it up way better than I could ever do

Its a sad day when a good deeds thread cant be posted without receiving the lousy comments noted here...But thats what the FBBO forum has turned into.

No Steve, it's the fact that EVRYTHING you post is controversial or provoking!! You have been off of your suspension for what, a week? I have yet to see a post where YOU, @steve from staten island took blame for YOUR actions that got you suspended. Have you apologized to the fellow members? You even sent me a PM blaming OTHERS for YOUR suspension!!
Take it from me Steve, someone that has been suspended numerous times, SHOW SOME HUMILITY!!!
I know that I AM AN ASSHOLE!! I take complete blame for getting myself suspended and have apologized for those actions many times. I have also tried to be LESS OF AN ASSHOLE!! I am not perfect and I am sure that I still rub people the wrong way, BUT I TRY TO BE BETTER!!!
EVERY post you have made since you have been back is stirring up sh*t with somebody. Then you say "you attacked me" and go on a rampage. STOP STEVE!! I like you, and we have spoken privately many times, you're a good man. Enjoy the forum and avoid the controversy. It will help you in the long run.
Rant over.

There are a couple of problems here:

1) The thread title is "NFL" and a bunch of folks here don't like the NFL at all. Some might assert that NFL in the title is a provocation.

2) It seems there are some folks here that are "triggered" when they see just about any post by @steve from staten island. Maybe that alone is a provocation to some people.

The combination of "1)" and "2)" above is a guaranteed recipe to cause an uproar.

No Steve, it's the fact that EVRYTHING you post is controversial or provoking!! You have been off of your suspension for what, a week? I have yet to see a post where YOU, @steve from staten island took blame for YOUR actions that got you suspended. Have you apologized to the fellow members? You even sent me a PM blaming OTHERS for YOUR suspension!!
Take it from me Steve, someone that has been suspended numerous times, SHOW SOME HUMILITY!!!
I know that I AM AN ASSHOLE!! I take complete blame for getting myself suspended and have apologized for those actions many times. I have also tried to be LESS OF AN ASSHOLE!! I am not perfect and I am sure that I still rub people the wrong way, BUT I TRY TO BE BETTER!!!
EVERY post you have made since you have been back is stirring up sh*t with somebody. Then you say "you attacked me" and go on a rampage. STOP STEVE!! I like you, and we have spoken privately many times, you're a good man. Enjoy the forum and avoid the controversy. It will help you in the long run.
Rant over.
Your not a asshole pity the guy who would say that to your face
If I was worried about being popular I’d never post anything
For anyone’s info I had conversations with the moderators who banned me
I told them no more profanity
I owe nobody a apology except the moderators
I get provoked by idiots I respond the same I would in the flesh
People here have met me
We talked at length
People here I talk to on the phone on a regular thing. Ask them about me
I stand up for what I believe in and don’t post crap I won’t bother anyone
I think a lot of Paul iron guy
He knows why

There are a couple of problems here:

1) The thread title is "NFL" and a bunch of folks here don't like the NFL at all. Some might assert that NFL in the title is a provocation.

2) It seems there are some folks here that are "triggered" when they see just about any post by @steve from staten island. Maybe that alone is a provocation to some people.

The combination of "1)" and "2)" above is a guaranteed recipe to cause an uproar.
Wayne your a smart guy and your right
There are guys here who abused me while they hide behind a computer
They are cowards and they know who they are
I don’t hate them but I do pity them

As I slowly back away from the forum. I try very hard to be objective on all topics, but, some bring out the worst in me. I know, walk on by and mind my own business. My mother always said, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.

anything positive in today's world is a good thing, back in the day it was the norm to be good to your neighbors considerate of others, politeness has been turned off by the up and coming. doing the right thing is contagious, doing the wrong thing is too. Promote positive, your life will be positive. Thanks for the positive Steve, you've come along ways from what I remember of your days of negative. :thumbsup:

Rant over.
:D

Rant over.
View attachment 1095969
bingo1.gif

Sadly SFSI, they are correct.
YOU know I like you, but why such "controversy?"

Gee, keep "cool"
Express but express with out going Ballistic...
cuz, AS every one here understands except for a small few...you can not win!
It's a Forum, Social Media!
Let the small things go and be thankful we have such GREAT members on this forum!
Disagree ? "COOL"
That is what makes this such a great Forum/Country...
Nuff said.
Wheres the quote " controversy" ?
I innocently enough posted a story I heard about a pro football player who bravely stopped a attack on a 71 year old woman
The city in which he lives honoured him and another man for their actions
Whats the problem with that?
A few made the typical lousy comments that were race driven. You need to either admit that or not when you decide to publicly lecture me
I replied to these comments and you seem to have a problem with that and want me to shut up....Im sorry that is not now or ever happening.
To bad as I was willing to let this thread go.

The troll strikes again. Steve starts a thread simply named "NFL" knowing the subject is a hot button topic for many FBBO members and Americans in general. He figures that he'll rope people in to the thread and because he feels that there is an element of good /bad to the story that he can cause conflict thereby ,once again, starting more **** ( which he can't get enough of) . Phuckin' troll. Oh, but he'll end with " have a nice day" or some such **** as that is part of the liberal formula ( he actually thinks people don't see through it). Steve, you got to get help, your'e eaten up with hate. This is a car forum, you have been kicked out of the P.F. side and now your doing it ( yet gain) in general discussion forum. I don't believe you can stop, too much hate for anyone that disagrees with you.

Last edited:
Steve I think just maybe your point was not all black NFL players are bad. If so many of us would have probably agreed. But just putting the link out there with no commentary was just asking for controversy.

Steve I think just maybe your point was not all black NFL players are bad. If so many of us would have probably agreed. But just putting the link out there with no commentary was just asking for controversy.
Which is exactly what he was going for. Political drama in a car forum, he can't stop.

The troll strikes again. Steve starts a thread simply named "NFL" knowing the subject is a hot button topic for many FBBO members and Americans in general. He figures that he'll rope people in to the thread and because he feels that there is an element of good /bad to the story that he can cause conflict thereby ,once again, starting more **** ( which he can't get enough of) . Phuckin' troll. Oh, but he'll end with " have a nice day" or some such **** as that is part of the liberal formula ( he actually thinks people don't see through it). Steve, you got to get help, your'e eaten up with hate. This is a car forum, you have been kicked out of the P.F. side and now your doing it ( yet gain) in general discussion forum. I don't believe you can stop, too much hate for anyone that disagrees with you.
This is the way your mind works, full of bitterness, you lash out and make false accusations.
The subject is a as you say a "hot topic" only with people like yourself. You and I both know as in this case there are many decent athletics in the NFL
The NFL is not the subject, although as one guy pointed out entitling the thread like that was a mistake.
The fact is you hate black people, your just not a man enough to admit it.
Again the liberal comments, reinforces what I know and think about you
Cleaning piss off my sidewalk, using the language you did towards me back than, insults, its all your kind knows
My post was in reply to someone, had swat to do with you but being the kind of guy you are you had to reply
Who's the troll now
BTW you know nothing about the PF why I was kicked out
I was kicked out because people like you and your pals cant stand any other opinions other than whats wrapped up in there heads
I know what you write in the political forum, just like the rest, someone disagrees and the garbage starts flying
Members there couldn't stand and other opinions but there own, they complained to the moderators like the thin skinned phones they are
You accuse me of hate, nobody hates mire than you and your likewise kind
And BTW "have a nice day"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back