• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nice 66 Hemi Coronet on BaT

AR67GTX

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
4:38 AM
Reaction score
Hard to beat the shine and thoroughness of this restoration. A few minor detail corrections and it would be near perfect. Not a lot of information on codes and dates on carbs, transmission, differential, etc but I suspect someone will ask about them. The pictures don’t focus on many details like torque boxes and carbs. There’s some strange wire cord underneath fished through the front and rear frame rails I would be curious to know the purpose of. But a real nice car.
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1966-dodge-coronet-500-hemi-3/

Last edited:
Good looking car. although the color combo is far from the best

Anyone dare a guess how much it brings or at least gets bid to ???

My guess is 52k. Money is getting tighter in the current climate.

I think it will go a lot higher than that - at least $70k. It looks like every piece of trim and chrome has either been replaced with NOS, new reproduction or been refinished. That adds up to a bunch of money on these cars and is pretty rare.

Very well done car! If some like 66’s then they will like the color. BAT is a good place to sell a car, they get good dollars for them. We will see where it goes.

yes a few minor things out of place, no big deal.

The car is nice, not 100% perfect but nice. the auto and color combination will hold it back a tad ( IMO )
But I tend to think it will go over 60k , MAYBE 70k. But down deep doubt it
But its pretty much done turn key, so who knows where it ends up

I know Im not in the market for it but its neat to watch from the sidelines

It’s going to depend upon if two or more people like it enough to bid serious money for it so we’ll have to see. The 66/67 cars have a bunch of aluminum, SS and pot metal trim inside and outside. Somebody spent some serious money on cosmetics for the car in addition to paint and whatever the Hemi and transmission needed.

Hard to beat the shine and thoroughness of this restoration. A few minor detail corrections and it would be near perfect. Not a lot of information on codes and dates on carbs, transmission, differential, etc but I suspect someone will ask about them. The pictures don’t focus on many details like torque boxes and carbs. There’s some strange wire cord underneath fished through the front and rear frame rails I would be curious to know the purpose of. But a real nice car.
1966 Dodge Coronet 500 Hemi
The cables running through the frame rail and back by the fuel filler tub look like they are for a battery tender to keep the battery topped off during storage

Probably wouldn't have cost a penny more to paint the grill correctly.

Like an ill fitting pair of underwear, it's creeping up. The bidding is at 65 large right now with 7 hours to go.

$38.5 for that heavily rusted, non-running 66 Hemi just sold on BaT and needing probably $60,000 (or far more if farmed out) in work to even begin to approach the level of this car. Seems like a no brainer to me.

I wouldnt be surprised if the car breaks into the upper 70s maybe even 80s

It’s already too high compared to a year ago. Everything about the current economy seems so 2007ish to me.

Wonder why they didn't clean and paint the fender tag? Is that taboo?

Bid closed at $72.5. Can’t tell if it met a reserve and actually sold or not.

I watched the bidding til the end. Did not meet reserve. VERY cool feature is if someone bids in the last 2 min, the clock rewinds another 2 minutes to give the other bidders a chance to bid again. I wish ebay would do that.

RNM. He should have pulled the reserve. That was good money for that car with dark skies looming over this inflated collector car market.

Auto Transport Service
Back