• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Very nice 66 Dodge Hemi auction ending on BaT today

My gutt tells me the color will hold it back.

I'll say mid to upper $60s ,,,,MAYBE get into low $70s hammer price

I believe this site (BAT) single handedly changed the name of the Broadcast sheet to a build sheet. Now get used to the Fender tag becoming a body tag.

Last edited:
Nice car. I think the colour will hold it back a touch and 6-7 buyers seem to want the spaghetti shifter option for some reason, I found that out when selling my 66. I wonder what the cable is hanging on the fuel tank filler pipe?

cars 045.JPG

My pet peve is why on a so called "correct " restoration, the front carpet is never right. Isn't the accelerator petal supposed to sit on on the upper right corner of the heel pad?

My pet peve is why on a so called "correct " restoration, the front carpet is never right. Isn't the accelerator petal supposed to sit on on the upper right corner of the heel pad?
Agree 100% Jerry. It seems like no one produces a correct carpet.

A little too much money, I think. I thought the 66/67 street hemis are most common/least desirable?
(But clearly, anybody buying that kind of car for that amount is using play money, so whats a few extra thousand $$$ ?)
I agree, too much money for a 66 Coronet 500 Hemi automatic. It's the biggest production year. To me the Plymouth varieties were much more desirable and the numbers for both were considerably less in 67.

That carpet is a problem. Sold for $80k it says, I would say that is enough although it certainly would cost more to restore a car to this condition. Where's that junky, red Satellite that they thought was worth the same price a week ago? That one was red, 4 speed and a Satellite brings a bit more I think though.

Remember @Richard Cranium sent his original carpet for his Belvedere to mfg to have carpet correct.

I agree. I was installing my new carpet (that I bought years ago) into my 1964 Polara, and it looked much like the one in that Coronet. The heel pad was about 4" too far back. I installed it so the gas pedal was in correct location on the heel pad, but I had to trim about 4" of carpet off the front and add it to the back. My car has a console and bucket seats, so most of this splicing is not very noticeable. It is disappointing when you don't get good product for good $$$ spent. ACC carpet; they have been at this a long time, so it should be right.

When I bought my carpet around 85 it was called Aniston Custom Carpet. Heel pad was in the correct position. May not be using same forms or trying one size fits all causes heel pad drift. Like continental drift.:rolleyes:

I agree, too much money for a 66 Coronet 500 Hemi automatic. It's the biggest production year. To me the Plymouth varieties were much more desirable and the numbers for both were considerably less in 67.
I wasn’t in the market but… back in 2020 a factory black/black interior, no vinyl top ‘68 Hemi road runner H/T sold on that site for the same price. It was a 4 speed Dana car as well. But everything has almost doubled since then.

The guy that paid the admission will be laughing. Everyone else, not as much.

Ah, perspective...
I'd not only proudly own that rascal - I'd even drive it.
Often.
Hell, I'd even wash it once in a while.

He said the wire was for a trickle charger - apparently his receptacle was near the tail.

VIN: WP23H67268107​

Auto Transport Service
Back